If you use a chainsaw on a regular basis, a chainsaw sharpener is an essential investment.
Blades can lose their cutting edge quickly, but with an effective sharpener, you’ll never have to worry about achieving optimum results.
There are a number of different sharpeners available to suit all preferences and budgets, so how do you go about choosing the best chainsaw sharpener for you?
Electric chainsaw sharpeners are a popular choice because they offer speed and efficiency.
Electric Chainsaw Sharpener Quick Reference Table
We review each of the items in our roundup of electric chainsaw sharpeners below, but for those in a hurry here is a table comparing the models we examined.
Why Use An Electric Sharpener?
When you’re working on a project, you don’t want to be stopping and starting constantly, trying to ensure your blade is as sharp as possible.
An electric sharpener works within seconds to restore sharpness, giving you access to the best machinery at all times.
Even if you happen to chip or catch a blade, an electric chainsaw sharpener will help you rectify the problem and get back on track in no time at all.
As time is of the essence for many people who operate chainsaws, and safety is always a priority, it makes sense to invest in a sharpener which gives you a chain that cuts great as quickly as possible.
If you’re looking for a new chainsaw sharpener, and you don’t know where to start, why not check out our list of electric chainsaw sharpener reviews? We’ve trawled the marketplace to find a handful of the best products available.
Here are some of the best electric chainsaw sharpeners for the money:
If you’re on the lookout for a versatile, high-quality sharpener, which won’t break the bank, this could be the ideal choice for you. Offering users the chance to mount the grinder on a bench or the wall, the Oregon 410-120 is a functional chainsaw sharpener, which offers a host of features that will appeal to those who utilize a sharpener on either an occasional or a regular basis.
Oregon 410-120 Features
The main features of the Oregon 410-120 chain grinder include:
- Wall or bench-mounted
- Attractive design and bright red color
- Safety features including built-in, one-way rotor system
- Easy to modify
- Three grinding settings: low profile, pitch chain and depth gauge grinding
- Quick and simple to use with rapid grinding template
- Voltage: 120-AC
- Extended nose life and new sprocket system
Who should buy the Oregon 410-120 chain grinder?
Oregon is a leading name within the industry, and the 410-120 bench or wall-mounted grinder is a product that ticks many boxes for those who use a chainsaw. This product may not be ideally suited to those who require professional-standard results, but it’s a great acquisition for anyone who is looking for a versatile all-rounder that produces excellent results. The fact that you can mount the sharpener on a wall or on your workbench is attractive for anyone who is looking to save space. Wall-mounted sharpeners free up valuable bench space, enabling you to set about tasks efficiently and safely. Another major benefit of the Oregon 410-120 chain grinder is the ease of use. Once your sharpener is set up, it takes a matter of minutes to achieve the results you’re looking for.
The pros and cons
The Oregon 410-120 chain grinder offers a wealth of advantages for consumers, but it’s not perfect. Here are some pros and cons, which may help you decide which product to add to your basket.
- Wall or bench-mounted
- Customizable grinding settings
- Safety features
- This may not be the best option for those looking for a sharpener for continual or professional use. In this case, buyers may be looking for a slightly more sophisticated product with more features at a higher price.
In summary, the Oregon 410-120 is an excellent product for anyone who is looking for a quality electric chainsaw sharpener at an affordable price. This product will be particularly appealing to those who are short on space, thanks to the option to mount the grinder on the wall.
- Universal sharpener: Sharpen almost saw any chain from manufacturers such as Oregon, Stihl, Husqvarna, and others
- Durable sharpener: Ideal for any user who sharpens chains semi-regularly and wishes to save time and money. Great for loggers, arborists, semi-professionals and home users who regularly saw wood
- Bench or wall mounted grinder: Sharpens 1/4", 3/8" low profile, 0.325", full profile 3/8", and .404" pitch chains from all manufacturers. Standing tripod can be purchased separately
- Built in light for better visibility. Safe sharpening: One-way motor rotation for greater operator safety. Wheel wear indicator. Top plate and down angle settings
- Box includes grinder, a dressing brick, a quick check grinding template, and three grinding wheels for sharpening