The Fall may be the most stunning of all seasons, but for the average homeowner, it’s the most annoying.
Those beautiful leaves in every burnt orange and red color may look pretty on the trees, but they’re nothing short of a pain when they start to fall.
It’s not just the fact that they can cover the ground, they cover your shrubbery and can even become clogged in the drains around the outside of your home.
This can lead to blockages and issues with drainage. When the leaves start to cover your well manicured lawn, the mammoth clean up job has to commence, and the rush to find the best cordless leaf blower begins.
Benefits Of A Cordless Leaf Blower
Leave behind the aching arms and burning thighs that occur when you use a rake, and invest in the right battery powered leaf blower, instead.
There are a few things to consider when you are going to choose your leaf blower for your outdoor work, and there are so many options available that it’s always worth looking at cordless leaf blower reviews before you purchase – but we’ll get to that later.
In the meantime, these are the benefits of the different types of leaf blower out there right now.
- Gas – Using fuel as a power source can generate more blowing force but they are usually much heavier than other models, require more maintenance and are a lot noisier than the other options.
- Battery Powered – These are perfect for a homeowner as they are the best for smaller, less frequent jobs. You can also get a great mobility with a battery powered leaf blower, because you’re not tied up with a cord to stop you moving further down your garden. Always have a spare battery on hand, though, as the operating time is limited otherwise.
- Corded – Powerful corded blowers are an option for you if you’re not a fan of the other options, but they lack the convenience and power of gas or the mobility and the lightweight battery powered option. If you want to invest in a corded unit, you need to also put money into some long extension cords, too.
With all of these points in mind, it’s time to take a look at some of the most popular battery operated leaf blowers on the market today. We have put together these cordless leaf blower reviews to help you distinguish which leaf blower suits your needs.
This handheld blower powers through debris with an air volume of up to 129MPH.
The ultimate power without gas in one system, the DEWALT Brushless Handheld Blower is built to withstand everyday heavy duty usage.
You can power through a lot of debris with the flat concentrator nozzle which can increase air speed to 175MPH. There is a variable speed trigger with a speed lock, which gives you ultimate control.
The lightweight and ergonomic design minimizes the stress on your arms. This particular model has a noise rating of 67dB(A), and the entire kit comes with a battery that powers 60V Max tools.
There is a 3 year limited warranty and 1 year free service, but if you’re not sure this is the leaf blower for you, then you can take advantage of the 90 day money back guarantee that comes with it.
- Powers through debris at up to 423 CFM of air volume at 129 MPH. Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
- Flat concentrator nozzle increases air speeds to 175 MPH for stubborn debris
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life. Noise Rating : 67 dB(A)
- Variable speed trigger and speed lock for total power control
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
The WORX Turbine Blower takes cordless blowers to the next level.
One of five models from WORX, this is one that has a brushless motor and embraces turbine technology. You can move from hard surface sweeping tools to yard work seamlessly.
With high efficiency, lower operating temperature and a lower maintenance level, this brushless motor leaf blower has a generally longer life than other models.
These are also the foundation of smart electronics, which means that the motor and batteries communicate efficiently to optimize performance while at the same time, guarding against thermal overload.
There are three different power options and the variable speed capabilities allow you to get into the corners that a broom would never reach. There’s a variable speed dial that allows you to control the speed of the tool, which is important as you want to clear the mess, not just move it around.
It can be tiresome to use a leaf blower like this one, but the cruise control function on this eases the way it tires your hand out. This blower pumps out 125mph and 465CFM.
It’s light, easy to handle and it’s a solid offering for those who want something innovative for your yard.
- Turbine fan technology delivers forceful, high capacity air volume, hyper stream air nozzle handles extra tough conditions
- Weighing only 8.1 pounds, the ergonomic design ensures optimal weight distribution to save on fatigue for those larger tasks
- Variable speed control with turbo boost is located in the Perfect position for one handed operation
- Key hole shaped cutout on tool lets you hang it on your existing hooks, bolts, or nails; Charging time = 90 min
- Powerful 56V Max Lithium battery provides cordless convenience to quickly clean up your outdoor spaces such as decks or patios
A revolution has been started in outdoor power equipment with this cordless leaf blower option with the highest voltage gas equivalent, commercial grade cordless outdoor power tool.
You get the simple electric start with a lightweight design and a quieter motor than most options, making it an easy option for your outdoor needs. It’s designed for long days outdoors, and it delivers up to 500 CFM and 125MPH of wind speed and air flow.
It’ll breeze through both wet and dry leaves, and the high power and performance works in the yard, in the field or on hard surfaces.
It’s not just a tool to use; Greenworks understand that it’s about making life simple. The longer tool life on this leaf blower means that there is less wear and tear over time and a longer tool life.
The battery is included with this pack, and there’s a 70 minute run time on the blower with the battery fully charged. The brushless motor provides the tool with longer run time, and delivers gas equivalent performance to a 32CC gas engine. There’s no need for gas for this one, and it’s lightweight features don’t tire the user easily.
This leaf blower has a 60 dCB noise level a 4 year limited warranty on the tool with a 2 year limited warranty on the battery.
Combining this tool with the DigiPro Brushless motor, this is the highest volume, gas equivalent and commercial grade cordless outdoor power tool system around. The lithium-ion technology has been developed so that it’s possible for you to get the job done by snapping in the batter and pressing a button.
- Greenworks Pro 80V brushless axial blower provides up to 70 minutes run-time on speed 1 (low) / 28 minutes run-time on speed 2 (medium) / 12 minutes run-time on speed 3 (high) with fully charged 2Ah battery
- Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life. Gas equivalent performance
- Axial blower features 125 mph / 500 cfm performance, 3 speed options, variable speed trigger, and cushioned overmold grip. Rated at only 60 decibels, it is perfect for neighborhoods and corporate parks with noise ordinances
- 80V 2Ah battery and rapid charger included (charges in only 30 minutes)
One of the most advanced, rechargeable tools on the market and the first ever to perform better than the premium gas models, this cordless electric blower is literally blowing other options out of the way.
The EGO Power+ Blower is the first of its kind that can perform better than premium gas powered models.
The turbine fan engineering is inspired by by advanced aeronautics technology, this is delivering industry leading power every time. It’s lightweight, compact and is built for a longer run time. The turbine fan delivers 480 CFM, and the high efficiency brushless motor ensures a superior performance with exceptional power.
There is up to an hour of run time on a low setting, so carrying spare batteries is important. There is a battery in the set that is provided here, and the 2.0 Ah power+ battery is compatible with all the available products.
This product is backed by a 5 year limited warranty and the weather resistant construction means that there are no worries about using it in light rain or splashes from the sprinkler.
Weighing in at 5lb, the user won’t have hand fatigue while using it, which makes it a comfortable tool to use.
- Turbine fan engineering delivers up to 480 CFM
- Up to 1-hour run time on low setting with included battery
- High efficiency brushless motor
- 2.0 Ah POWER+ battery is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products and chargers
- Weather-resistant construction ,Not for purchase by Maryland residents due to state restrictions
Technology creates power, and TECCPO believes that combining technology and power into one tool will extend its life and help you to achieve success in your project.
This 20V max leaf blower weighs in at a dainty – but powerful – 4.4lb, and this product comes with less noise, less maintenance, no gas, an easy start and is cordless in its design. It’s the perfect option for those looking for fast air speeds in no time at all!
There is an innovative axial fan design to maximize air output, with air capacity up to 310CFM. This provides a hugely powerful cleaning effect and with air speeds of up to 85 mph, your work is a lot more efficient.
The TECCPO Blower delivers a forceful performance and with two speed selections, there’s more choice. The lower speed option provides a longer working time, with a high speed option providing higher working efficiency.
Whatever your needs are, you get to pick the speed.
One of the defining features of this leaf blower is the lightweight design for one-hand control. It’s well suited to those who aren’t able to engage in heavy lifting but still need to get chores done.
- ▲【Innovative axial fan design】- Innovative axial fan design maximize the air output, and the air volume is much larger than the traditional centrifugal blower, delivering a forceful performance in different working conditions, can clean your yard easily
- ▲【310CFM and 85MPH performance】- High capacity air volume is up to 310CFM and the air speed is up to 85MPH, which provides strong wind power to make work easier and faster
- ▲【2-speed selections】- The product has 2-speed selections up to 9000rpm/15000rpm, considering both motivation and working hours.You can choose different speed according to your working needs
- ▲【Lightweight design with many working scenarios】- Lightweight design provides easier control for one-hand operation, even women can use it easily
Features Of Cordless Leaf Blowers
At Lumber Ace, we understand that using a good leaf blower will make your life much easier during outdoor work, but a bad model will have some issues when it comes to clearing the leaves. That is why we give you the following features that you should look for from your next blower:
- Narrow nozzles – You get to control where the leaves go with a powerful, narrow nozzle instead of a large funnel.
- Collection bag – Ideally, you only collect dry leaves, but it’s always handy to look for a model with a collection bag that is waterproof as the bags can often leak!
- Comfort – Comfortable handles and shoulder straps really do matter, because the weight of the machine can be uncomfortable after a length of time.
Cordless Leaf Blower Video Comparison
If you are wondering how a battery operated leaf blower stacks up against a gas-powered model, check out this YouTube video that does a side-by-side comparison:
- Angle Grinder Reviews
- Shop Vac Reviews
- Chainsaw Chaps Reviews
- Chainsaw Mill Reviews
- Electric Chainsaw Reviews
Buying Guide: What to Look For
There are hundreds of leaf blowers on the market to choose from. Most leading home improvement brands to manufacture leaf blowers that vary from one to the other such as the DeWalt 20v max and the Black & Decker 3-in-1 electric leaf blower.
Regardless of whether you are familiar with using or purchasing leaf blowers, the pressure of buying a high-quality appliance is real. These items come with a relatively high price ticket, and the wrong leaf blower can be an expensive mistake to make.
To stop this from happening, we have put together a buying guide covering the most critical points when it comes to shopping around for a leaf blower. Identify which of the following features and specifications are essential to you and look out for them when shopping around.
Of course, there is more than one type of leaf blower you could go for, and each leaf blower has its own features, pros, and cons. Cordless leaf blowers are almost always battery powered; however, it is important to become familiar with other types of leaf blowers too in order to make a comparison. Below is an overview of each type to help you better understand the difference between them all:
1.Gas-Powered Leaf Blowers
Gas-powered leaf blowers are the loudest and heaviest leaf blowers; however, they are the most powerful by a long run. If you are unfamiliar with mixing oil with gas, look into purchasing a four-stroke engine instead of a two-stroke engine to keep things simple.
2. Electric Leaf Blowers
Their lightweight structure is attractive to most leaf blower users. Electric leaf blowers are easy to start and have a very simple ‘on/off’ switch for starting and stopping the power tool.
3. Battery Powered Leaf Blowers
If a cordless leaf blower is important to you, look out for a battery-powered leaf blower. Users have the freedom to clear up every inch of their property without having to worry about being tangled up in wires.
4. Walk-Behind Leaf Blowers
Walk-behind leaf blowers are ideal for those heavy-duty clear-up operations. They can move heavy garbage material and even clean up metal chips and wet debris. Shops and garages may use this to move cardboard and other hard to manage waste.
5. Backpack Leaf Blowers
These are a popular option amongst people looking for a leaf blower with a long run time. If you need to clear a large area, a backpack blower is highly recommended because of its comfortable shoulder straps and portable design. It can move medium weight to heavy debris such as wet twigs and soggy leaves to top it off.
6. Handheld Blower
Handheld leaf blowers are the smallest type of leaf blower on the market. They lack the ability to move heavy debris such as wet mud or wet leaves, but they are brilliant for small maintenance jobs. Use a handheld blower to move light debris such as sawdust and dust.
Battery-powered leaf blowers are arguably the most versatile. They are usually cordless and can be taken from place to place without having to worry about where you are going to plug the leaf blower in.
The best battery powered leaf blowers have lithium-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries are renowned for their stability and ability to be charged over and over again while maintaining their long battery life. Having such a battery in a leaf blower makes it a powerful tool.
Battery-powered leaf blowers come with a battery and charger to match. The battery tools battery life is important as it will determine how long you can use the leaf blower at any given time. Leaf blowers powered by strong batteries have a run time of about 30 minutes, which isn’t very long.
“Volts” is the unit of measurement used for measuring the motor power of a cordless leaf blower, whereas “amps” is the unit used for corded blowers. Handheld blowers have a much smaller motor, and therefore are less potent than other motors. Gas-powered leaf blowers, on the other hand, have the most powerful engine.
When calculating the average airflow of the leaf blower that you need for your property, you must consider whether there are any noise limitations, the size of the property, and what you are trying to clear. You will need to look out for leaf blowers “CFM.” CFM stands for the leaf blower’s airspeed in cubic feet per minute.
The CFM differences can be drastic; some leaf blowers have as little as 200 CFM, while larger, more powerful blowers have 3,000 CFM. Just remember, the higher the CFM, the stronger the airflow.
Cordless leaf blowers have a variable speed control setting controlled by a variable speed trigger. Being able to control the leaf blowers speed settings will save you battery power when you are clearing up light bits of debris.
Fortunately, the noise levels of leaf blowers these days are far more bearable than the leaf blowers that were manufactured 10 or 20 years ago. Battery-powered leaf blowers are the quietest leaf blower type. Most battery-powered leaf blowers do not let off that horrid high pitched wine and may not even require you to wear protective gear while in use.
Leaf blowers usually have at least three settings, low, medium, and high. Speed and power should be easy to control.
There is no such thing as a silly question when it comes to parting with your hard-earned cash. The following is a frequently asked questions section that should help you clear up those final queries.
Q: Are cordless leaf blowers any good?
A: Cordless leaf blowers are probably the most versatile leaf blowers on the market. They can be taken anywhere and perform well in some serious cleanup jobs.
Q: How do I choose a cordless leaf blower?
A: Think about the weight of the leaf blower, and more importantly, the weight of the battery. It will be extremely difficult to carry a 20-pound leaf blower around your property for longer than 5 minutes!
Q: What is better in a leaf blower, CFM, or MPH?
A: Having a higher CFM is more important than a high MPH.
Q: What is a good CFM airflow?
A: a leaf blower that has a CFM of between 5,000 to 7,000 is considered good. Any lower than that and the leaf blowers’ performance will be below par.
Q: How many CFM is a good leaf blower?
A: A good leaf blower is one with a CFM of 5,000.
Q: What is a good MPH for a leaf blower?
A: above 190 MPH is a good MPH for a leaf blower to have.
Q: What should I look for in a cordless leaf blower?
A: A cordless leaf blower should be lightweight with easy to control settings. Look for a leaf blower with a lithium-ion battery that has a fun time of over 30 minutes on a full charge.
We hope you found the information in this article helpful. If you have used any of the leaf blowers featured in this article, do let us know what you think about them and how they worked for you.