Top Electric Demolition Hammers Reviewed
One of the best tools for causing controlled deconstruction are demolitions hammers.
Either pneumatic or electric, these jackhammers use a high powered energy source to enact force on a localized area. These areas are normally concrete; yet, they can also be used on sod, pavement, masonry, brick, and so much more!
The following will explore the methods of choosing an electric jackhammer and review some of the best demolition hammers on the market right now.
We look at the top models in greater detail below, but for those in a hurry, here is a quick comparison of the electric demolition hammers in our roundup:
How to Choose the Right Hammer
In order to choose the best tool, make certain to take into account what the job entails. For example, the hammer required for an interior concrete demolition will be much different than what’s required for an exterior ground project. Allow the needs of your project to specify the parameters of the hammer. This will make your demolition —and life— much easier.
One of the most important factors to take into account are weight. The adage is, use a heavier model for horizontal surfaces and a lighter one for vertical projects.
When you use a jackhammer on a horizontal surface, you allow the tool to do the work for you. Thus, you can use the heavier apparatus’ gravitational pull to do the brunt of the destruction.
Conversely, if you need to enact vertical damage, then you’ll probably want a lighter hammer with a strong grip. This is because you need to able to hold the hammer in place for extended periods of time —without being fatigued. Make certain to search within your parameters and look for casing that includes a localized grip.
Best Electric Demolition Hammers
- Input motor operates at 2200 watt
- Voltage operates at 120V/60Hz
- Electric jack hammer includes 1-⅛” bullet point chisel and flat chisel
- State of the art anti-vibration system promotes comfortable usage
- Impressively light 15kg weight can be operated by technicians of all sizes.
Description & Review
With the ability to break apart solid brick, concrete, and masonry, this electric jack hammer is incredibly versatile. This is due to the inherent strength of the input motor, which can go up to 2,200 watts. This strong motor not only promotes versatility, it ensures ease of use. With a blow force of almost 41 pounds, you can use the XtremepowerUS on areas as large as 8’ wide and 100’ deep.
At an incredibly low price, the XtremepowerUS provides the best demolition hammers for cost efficiency. Buying their electric jackhammer is actually less expensive than renting another brand name altogether!
If you are going to use this electric jackhammer, make certain that you fill the oil prior to usage. Many customers state that the test oil runs out very quickly, and can stall the demolition process if not refilled.
- Incredibly cost efficient
- Test oil runs out quickly
- Not quite as strong as a pneumatic tool
With a low price point, efficient work results, and powerful experiential, the Xtremepower is definitely a hammer to invest in.
- It is perfect for demolition, trenching, chipping, breaking holes in concrete, block, brick, tile stucco, housing foundation removal, concrete slab, oil chimney and much more!
- Adjustable 360 degree foregrip provides extra control that makes it easy to conveniently adjust based on the positioning you need for the job at hand
- Available for Home and Commercial with the voltage of 110v/60 HZ, it's suitable for you to use it at home and business
- It accepts 1-1/8 in. hex shank bits; Delivers 1800 BPM for fast demolition
- Including Electric Demolition Jack Hammer with 16" bull point chisel, 16" flat chisel, pair of protective gloves, protective goggles, hex wrenches
- Able to complete a 95 mm drilling diameter
- Fitted with an aluminum shell
- Designed with 360° swivel foregrip
- Electric jack hammer fitted with two 16” chisels
- 3600-watt motor power
Description & Review
Right off the bat, the LOVSHARE model is truly fortifiable in its composition. Their electric demolition hammers are encased within a unique aluminium shell. This metal casing ensures that the electric jackhammer will not be compromised through excessive usage.
This emphasis on safety can also be viewed in the model’s premium double insulated motor casing. The double casing protects the high-powered motor and optimizes it for secure operation.
This hammer is not to be taken lightly. Weighing nearly 45 pounds, it is a rather heavier model. Customers have stated that, if you are going to use this machine, make certain that it isn’t for long periods of time. The strain of hard labor, paired with this heavy tool, can lead to fatigue.
- Easy to operate
- Heavy duty
- Incredibly powerful
- Added performance thanks to 360° swivel foregrip
- On the heavier side
The LOVSHARE model is a powerful electric jackhammer with an emphasis on safe operation. With a heavy-duty casing, it ensures that no weathering will compromise its integrity. More importantly, the quality of the LOVSHARE model confirms that everybody could use a little more love in their life!
- 【POWERFUL HAMMER BREAKER】- Heavy duty, durable constructed jack hammer electric with 3600W power and 1800r/min impact frequency. Strong core technology meets the most demanding applications.
- 【DUAL HANDLE】- This electric jack hammer has 360 degrees swivel front handle for all-round application. Comfortable rubber D-shaped grip rear handle and absorbs vibration to reduce operator fatigue.
- 【DOUBLE CHISEL】- One 16" bull point chisel and one 16" flat chisel are included in the package for different usage. Quick assemble and disassemble. Clamp firmly and will never drop.
- 【STRUDY AND DURABLE】- Solid insulation protection shell with strong metal components inside. Protective lid with vent for rapid heat dissipation. Sheath at cable root elevates machine durability.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】- Ideal for breaking concrete, asphalt removal, trench work and driving ground rods. Also applicable for compacting loose material if suitable part is attached.
- Equipped with all-metal housing
- Delivers maximum performance through 60 joules of impact energy
- Emits an effective 1800 blows per minute
- Includes double-insulated, 20-ft weathered proof power cord
- Tested rigorously and certified to comply with UL safety guidelines
Description & Review
Housed entirely in metal, this hammer is prepared for the most arduous of demolition projects. Nearly impervious to damage, the metal encasing is paired with a rubberized, soft grip. This ensures a more controlled and safe experience, due to the fact that the user is better connected to the machine.
The TR89305 comes equipped with a motor that can emit 60 joules (or 44.2 ft-lbs) of impact energy. This impressive force is only matched by the rate that this force can be applied. The TR Industrial actively outputs 1800 blows per minute. This amounts to a whopping 30 blows per second. Thus, equipped with this electric jackhammer, you can actively plow through every possible form of terrain.
- User friendly and safe
- High performing
- 20 ft long power cord heightens range
- Bits can stick
The TR Industrial is a cost-efficient machine that pairs a high power source with a fast performance rate. This perfect marriage is what makes the product so great at combating concrete, asphalt, tile, and any other hard surface. It’s also what makes the TR Industrial models some of the best demolition hammers on the market.
- 60 joules (44.2 ft-lbs) of impact energy delivers powerful, maximum performance
- 1800 BPM ultra fast demolition helps you get the job done faster
- All-metal housing built for heavy-duty applications
- 20-ft extra long UL listed power cord with double insulated plug, handles extreme-weather
- ETL Listed, rigorously tested and certified to comply with UL safety standards
- Easily operable with a 360° swivel foregrip handle
- Highly powerful motor produces 2200 Watts
- Includes heavy duty case with wheels and handle
- Without cord, product weight is about 33 pounds
- Operates at 110 volts
Description & Review
This product is truly meant for the average DIY-er. With a low weight and a user-friendly size, this electric jack hammer is intended to be portable. This portability is further aided by a high impact case, complete with two wheels and a handle.
With an easily accessed 360° swivel foregrip, the Goplus electric jackhammer can be manipulated by any user to complete a whole myriad of projects. These include using the 1,900 RPM to tackle mortar, clay, asphalt, solid rock, and concrete.
Many users are awed by how much pure power can be emitted by such a small receptacle. The 2,200 motor is contained in a 33-pound casing. Due to this disparity, there are some customers who have found the vibration to be rather aggressive on this model. Yet, this is simply the price to pay for powerful demolition occurring from a smaller source. The Goplus still remains one the best demolition hammers for small projects in the home and businesses alike.
- Swiveling handle adds effectiveness
- Storage case makes for easy transport
- Powerful motor can break through strong concrete
- Prone to vibration
- Can overheat if not given time to warm up
If you are new to the world of demolition hammers, then the Goplus is the model for you! It’s user-friendly enough that even the most novice of artisans can wield it. Even more so, its portability, strong motor, and versatility make it the perfect asset to any small demolition project.
- Heavy Duty Carrying Case With Handle and Wheels
- 360° Swivel Foregrip Handle. Easy to operate
- Perfect For Demolition, Trenching, Chipping, Breaking Holes In Concrete, Block, Brick, Tile Stucco,
- Suitable For Home And Business. Product Weight(without cord) : about 33 lbs
- Motor Power: 2200 Watts. Voltage: 110v/60hz. No Load Speed: 1900RPM
- High performance 11.3 amp delivers 1,800 bpm
- Includes two chrome vanadium chisels
- Weighs 46.6 pounds
- 360° swivel auxiliary handle provides maximum control
- Interior helical gear system
Description & Review
As you can see, this electric jackhammer is internally designed to promote durability and longevity. It pairs high quality metallic bits with an exterior that is sand-blasted for optimum corrosion resistance. The former insures that no project will be stalled by a damaged bit. The latter makes certain that the entirety of the machine’s integral structure is never compromised. All around, this ensures prolonged durability throughout its usage.
This durability is furthered by the interior helical gear system. Optimized for effectivity, the gear system works much smoother than traditional spur gears. It also ends up creating a quieter experience. Most importantly, the helical system ensures longer usability and reduces the chance of premature wear and tear.
- Cost efficient
- Incredibly durable
- High performance motor
- Corrosion resistant finish
- Replacement bits can be hard to find
The Neiko 02845A made this list due its impressive structural integrity. With an emphasis on high-quality metallic composition and internally sound gear systems, this demolition jack hammer is an investment that will last for years to come.
- Powerful 11.3 Amp high performance motor delivers 1,800 impact beats per minute with 45 joules force to easily break through concrete, brick, ground and earth
- Heavy duty all metal construction with industrial sand blasted powder coating finish for corrosion resistance and durability
- Specially engineered helical gear system operates more smoothly and quietly than traditional spur gear, and more importantly, lasts longer and reduces premature wear out
- 360 Degree swivel auxiliary handle with non-slip grip provides maximum control and support for user operation
- Comes with a blow molded case with rolling wheels for easy and convenient transportation
If you’re going to purchase an electric jackhammer, it’s important to let the needs of your project dictate your selection. If you’ve never used one before, here is a great YouTube video that walks you through the proper way to operate one:
Decide whether the demolition will be outside or inside; think about how much maneuvering you’ll need your hammer to do; and make certain the durability of your hammer can match the difficulty of your task.
When you search within your own parameters, then the right hammer will make itself known. After that, all that’s left to do is begin demolishing!