One of the best tools for causing controlled deconstruction are demolitions hammers.
Either pneumatic or electric, these jackhammers use a high powered energy source to enact force on a localized area. These areas are normally concrete; yet, they can also be used on sod, pavement, masonry, brick, and so much more!
The following will explore the methods of choosing an electric jackhammer and review some of the best demolition hammers on the market right now.
We look at the top models in greater detail below, but for those in a hurry, here is a quick comparison of the electric demolition hammers in our roundup:
How to Choose the Right Hammer
In order to choose the best tool, make certain to take into account what the job entails. For example, the hammer required for an interior concrete demolition will be much different than what’s required for an exterior ground project. Allow the needs of your project to specify the parameters of the hammer. This will make your demolition —and life— much easier.
One of the most important factors to take into account are weight. The adage is, use a heavier model for horizontal surfaces and a lighter one for vertical projects.
When you use a jackhammer on a horizontal surface, you allow the tool to do the work for you. Thus, you can use the heavier apparatus’ gravitational pull to do the brunt of the destruction.
Conversely, if you need to enact vertical damage, then you’ll probably want a lighter hammer with a strong grip. This is because you need to able to hold the hammer in place for extended periods of time —without being fatigued. Make certain to search within your parameters and look for casing that includes a localized grip.
- Input motor operates at 2200 watt
- Voltage operates at 120V/60Hz
- Electric jack hammer includes 1-⅛” bullet point chisel and flat chisel
- State of the art anti-vibration system promotes comfortable usage
- Impressively light 15kg weight can be operated by technicians of all sizes.
Description & Review
With the ability to break apart solid brick, concrete, and masonry, this electric jack hammer is incredibly versatile. This is due to the inherent strength of the input motor, which can go up to 2,200 watts. This strong motor not only promotes versatility, it ensures ease of use. With a blow force of almost 41 pounds, you can use the XtremepowerUS on areas as large as 8’ wide and 100’ deep.
At an incredibly low price, the XtremepowerUS provides the best demolition hammers for cost efficiency. Buying their electric jackhammer is actually less expensive than renting another brand name altogether!
If you are going to use this electric jackhammer, make certain that you fill the oil prior to usage. Many customers state that the test oil runs out very quickly, and can stall the demolition process if not refilled.
- Incredibly cost efficient
- Test oil runs out quickly
- Not quite as strong as a pneumatic tool
With a low price point, efficient work results, and powerful experiential, the Xtremepower is definitely a hammer to invest in.
- It is perfect for demolition, trenching, chipping, breaking holes in concrete, block, brick, tile stucco, housing foundation removal, concrete slab, oil chimney and much more!
- Adjustable 360 degree foregrip provides extra control that makes it easy to conveniently adjust based on the positioning you need for the job at hand
- Available for Home and Commercial with the voltage of 110v/60 HZ, it's suitable for you to use it at home and business
- It accepts 1-1/8 in. hex shank bits; Delivers 1800 BPM for fast demolition
- Including Electric Demolition Jack Hammer with 16" bull point chisel, 16" flat chisel, pair of protective gloves, protective goggles, hex wrenches