One of the most versatile tools that you could have in your toolbox is an electric chainsaw. Finding the best cordless chainsaw around isn’t’ straightforward, though, because there are just so many options!
Choosing the right one? That’s the tough part, but you get to think about the differences between cordless and corded, battery or not before you get started. You need to consider how much you’ll be using your chainsaw and whether you need it for big jobs or small.
No matter what, you have to consider your own comfort, because as the user you’re going to need to ensure that you can continue to hold the chainsaw and be comfortable at the same time.
Cordless Chainsaws vs. Corded Chainsaws
You can choose between corded chainsaws and cordless models, and which one you decide to choose is going to depend on your needs. Some people need to use one with a cord and others go into remote areas to use a saw, which means a cordless version is often more helpful.
You can always bring extra batteries with you to charge your chainsaw, you can’t always find a power supply. Both of these types of chainsaw are impressive, but it’s down to preference as to whether you pick corded or cordless. There are some other factors to consider, though, like weight, price, and output and these will always influence your choice. So, let’s take a look at the differences between the two.
Before you shop, it’s always better to look into the models out there on the market, and we’ve got the top five options for you below.
Electric Chainsaw Comparison Chart
PowerSmart Chainsaw, 10-Inch 20V Cordless Chainsaw is a battery-powered electric chainsaw. With a 10” bar and chain design for smooth and fast cuts and wrap-around handling for both horizontal and vertical ones. A 20V 1.5Ah battery and fast charger are included, which are conveniently and handily compatible with all PowerSmart cordless products.
The safety brake panel can stop the machine within 3 seconds and escort you while you work.
It features an automatic oiling system, to automatically provide lubrication of the bar and chain. There’s also a tool-free quick tension knob for easy adjustment of the chain tension and instant tightening of the chain without the need for tools.
At 8.4lbs it’s lightweight, easy to assemble, and easy to use. You’ll love this powerful, good quality, and affordable battery-powered portable chainsaw. You will exceed your expectations in terms of workability, and you’ll be amazed by the toughness of this chainsaw.
Running with a battery so there’s no need for gas or gas/oil mixes, it’s also not as loud as a gas-powered saw either. Excellent for cutting for small trees that need removing, the trimming of medium-sized ones, and the branches that have fallen of larger ones.
- Include 20V 1.5Ah battery, this battery fit for all PowerSmart cordless products
- The safety brake panel can stop the machine within 3 seconds and escort you while you work.
- Automatic oiling system - automatically provide lubrication of bar + chain, tool-free quick tension knob - easy adjustment of the chain tension without tools, instant tightening of the chain
- 10 in. bar + chain design for smooth and fast cuts
- Include a 20V 1.5Ah battery that fits all PowerSmart cordless products
- The safety brake panel can stop the machine within 3 seconds
- Automatic oiling system – automatically provides lubrication of bar and chain
- Tool-free quick tension knob – instant tightening an easy adjustment of the chain tension without tools
- 10” bar and chain design for smooth and fast cuts
- Reviewers have questioned reliability in that it frequently stops even when fully-charged
- Suitable for smaller jobs only. Unsuitable for medium-sized jobs and bigger
- Made from not the best materials
- Low battery charge life
With smooth operation and less noise than other models, this lightweight and maneuverable chainsaw gets the job done. There is an auto-oiler with a transparent tank, making it easier to see. Lithium-ion technology has been taken to the next level and this chainsaw gives you the solution you’ve been looking for.
With a touch start button ready to get you moving, you’ll never look back. One charge delivers commanding power and it’s not common for a cordless chainsaw to get more than a general acknowledgement from the professionals. However, this tool has raised eyebrows from the pros and there’s a good reason for it.
Firstly, this chainsaw has a brushless motor that provides you with a much longer run time, more power and more torque, leading to a lot less wear and tear over time. The moment you let go, the saw stops – and so does the noise. Having a push-button start is a godsend when you’re not in a position to pull start a chainsaw.
The maintenance is reduced massively and the fact that it comes with a 4-year warranty is hugely attractive to buyers. The GreenWorks 40V chainsaw is compatible with the G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System and you also get up to 70% less vibration making it much more comfortable to use.
- Our GREENWORKS brushless motor provides your GREENWORKS tool with longer run-time, more torque and more power. This leads to less wear and tear, extending the life-time of the tool
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from; Run TimeUp to 90 Cuts
- Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque for the greatest cutting performance; Oil Tank : Translucent
- Brushless motor design offers up to 70% less vibration for user comfort while working. 1 battery powers more than 25 tools. Battery Capacity-2Ah
- Chain brake and low kickback chain for increased user safety. Electronic chain brake prevents from accidental kick-backs.Saw Pitch:0.375 inches
- Brushless motor
- Low kickback
- Low vibration
- Great battery capacity
- Feels flimsy
This is an option that allows you to tackle the tough jobs with the electric-powered corded chainsaw. This is a model that is the perfect size for clearing brush, trimming trees, and stockpiling firewood. With a powerful 12 amp motor and a reliable 16” Oregon bar and chain, you are getting a chainsaw that has the best control possible for your needs.
Earthwise products pride themselves on being a clean air choice, with low maintenance and high-performance option. There’s no assembly to worry about, as it comes fully assembled in the package and doesn’t require any further building.
The plastic bar and chain cover add to the safety while clearing brush and trimming trees. There is also an extra safety button feature to add to keep you safe while you’re using this tool. At 9.9lb in weight, it’s not too light, but it’s still easy to handle when going and the easy tension adjustment requires no tools at all. There’s a secure wrap-around handle with an automatic oiling system – no gas, no fumes, and no leaks to contend with.
- Electric chainsaw with a 12-Amp motor that delivers power and performance comparable to gas chainsaws
- 16" Oregon bar and chainsaw chain for fast and clean cuts; The corded electric chainsaw includes protective bar blade cover for safe storage
- Corded electric chainsaw with a convenient automatic oiling system and oil level window; Easy tensioner adjustment without the need for tools
- Electric chainsaw with a comfortable rubber over-molded grip and big loop assist handle
- Planet-friendly electrical saw that does not require fuel to function; Take out the hassle, fumes, and mess of fall clean-up around your home; 3-year warranty
- Comfortable handle