The Top 5 Screwdriver Sets Reviewed
Whether you’re a tradesperson, a DIYer or a total amateur, a good screwdriver set is something that everyone should own. From working on complex electrical or car projects at work to simply tightening up drawer handles and door knobs at home, they’re something that most of us rely on at one time or another. The right set for you will be dependent on your needs, so think about what sort of things you use your screwdrivers for, so you can make an informed decision and get the right tools that fit your budget and requirements. Here are five sets currently on the market detailing what each has to offer.
Best Screwdriver Sets
This is a mixed drive set containing Slotted, Phillips, Torx and Mini Screwdrivers, and is perfect for home DIYers for jobs around the house. The Gearwrench 20 combines value with practicality as with 20 screwdrivers in the set, most of your bases are covered. As these are supplied in a plastic tray insert with the part number and size laser etched on, they’re easy to keep tidy making this set the perfect addition to your home workshop, shed or garage. Because they’re oil and solvent resistant they’re ideal even for messy jobs, and you won’t need to worry about shortening the lifespan of your screwdrivers.
The screwdrivers in this set have been ergonomically designed to fit your hand too, the dual material handle offers a more comfortable grip and higher performance so there’s no more discomfort and pain when you’re working on your project. The tri lobe handle shape provides the best performance with the least amount of effort, and the black oxide, non-slip tip ensures screws stay in place when working. A great way to save on time and hassle, especially when dealing with more fiddly screws. The array of sizes, types, and features make this a set worthy of investing in, whether you’re looking to build up a tool collection from scratch or replace broken and worn out tools.
- Ergonomic tri-lobe dual material handle provides the optimal balance of strength and efficiency
- “Speed Zone” handle design for faster rotation in low-torque applications
- Dual material handle offers a more comfortable grip and higher performance
- Non-Slip black oxide tip for more secure fit in fastener
- Blades laser etched with part number and size for quick identification
When you think of tools and screwdrivers, the brand Klein is probably the one that springs to mind. Known for being excellent quality, they’ve been manufacturing since 1857- so for over 160 years. And if you’re looking for a general purpose selection of the most frequently used screwdrivers, this set by Klein Tools may well fit the bill. It includes eight cushion grip screwdrivers in 1/4-Inch, 5/16-Inch, 5/16-Inch and 3/16-Inch. On top of this you get the #1 Phillips, #2 Phillips Stubby, #2 Phillips, #3 Phillips which will cover most home DIYers needs when it comes to screwdrivers and the perfect top up kit for professionals. In fact, look in the toolkit of any electrician across the country and you’d be likely to find a set of Klein screwdrivers in there, and for good reason.
The precision machined tip ensures a perfect fit every time, and along with the premium chrome plated finish they have the quality feel of a higher end set which is what you’d expect. Unlike the Gearwrench 20 however, these don’t come with magnetic tips, or a moulded case which is something to bear in mind depending on your needs. The tangs of the screw drivers are actually molded into the handles, not pressed so the driver doesn’t slip out every time you reposition your hand to turn the handle. Combined with the cushioned handle you get comfort along with plenty of torque so work well on all kinds of jobs.
- General purpose selection of the most frequently used screwdrivers
- Includes 8 Cushion Grip Screwdrivers, 1/4-Inch (6.4 mm) , 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) Keystone, 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) and 3/16-Inch (4.8 mm) Cabinet Tip, #1 Phillips, #2 Phillips Stubby, #2 Phillips, #3 Phillips
- Tip-Ident quickly identifies the screwdriver type and tip orientation
- Precision-machined tip for exact fit
- Premium chrome-plated for smooth feel and corrosion resistance
Decided to get serious about your toolkit? If you’re looking to upgrade your screwdrivers to a quality set then the Craftsman 17 piece is a great place to start; featuring professional quality slotted and Phillips screwdrivers, this 17 piece set comes with enough sizes to get you through most kinds of projects. One of the selling points of this particular set is its durability, the butyrate handles are designed for high strength and each blade is heat treated. This means they’ll really stand the test of time, and are designed to take a beating making them suitable for professional use as well as just in the home.
The drivers in this set are well marked and color coded making it easy to grab the one you need from your toolbelt or toolbox at a glance, saving you time and hassle when you’re completing your projects. Since it has both phillips and flat head screw drivers in all sizes it’s perfect for almost any job, and with Craftsman lifetime warranty, you can’t go wrong.
- Includes 9 slotted screwdrivers: 3/32" x 1 1/2", 1/8" x 2", 1/8" x 4", 3/16" x 1 1/2", 3/16" x 4", 3/16" x 6", 3/16" x 9", 1/4" x 4", 1/4" x 6"
- Includes 7 Philips screwdrivers: #0 x 1 1/2", #0 x 2 1/2", #1 x 1 1/2", #1 x 3", #2 x 4", #2 x 6", #2 x 8"
- Includes 4 in 1 pocket keychain
If you’re after a practical yet affordable kit with everything you need (but without breaking the bank) then the Workpro 17 Piece is one to think about. They boast a durable design with hardened steel and blades coated in satin-nickle for durability. Horizontal threads on the slotted blades ensure that good contact is maintained with the screw, and they’re constructed of high-quality S2 hardened steel coated with an iron-nickel finish to resist corrosion. When it comes to the handle, the ball-ends are designed for palm comfort when you’re putting in maximum effort, with a hexagon convex handle shape design improves grip and reduces slip.
The slip-resistant texture on the front of the handle supports thumb for added control so they’re incredibly ergonomic in design. Again, color coded handles make it easy to grab what you need at a glance, and each handle is engraved with the corresponding dimension. The ⅛” slotted screwdriver includes a pocket clip on the handle too with a mini keychain; this allows four different sized slotted screwdriver heads to fit on one keychain to carry with you- handy as you never know when you might need it. To keep things neat and tidy, this set has the benefit of a pouch included so that everything stays together and keeps the drivers safe and dry. From precision work to daily use to professional jobs, this is a great all-in-one kit which contains just about everything you’ll need.
- ✅ DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - Made of high-quality S2 hardened steel, blades and shafts are coated with satin-nickel finish to resist corrosion. Acetate hard grip handles are specifically designed for comfort and increased strength in both low temperature and unstable environments.
- ✅ UNIQUE TIPS AND GRIPS DESIGN - The horizontal thread design of the Slotted blade tips ensure contact is maintained with the screw and Phillips blade tips are designed for a tight fit and tolerance. Ball-ended handles are designed for palm comfort when putting in maximum effort. Hexagon convex handle shape design improves grip and reduces slip. Slip-Resistant texture on the front of the handle supports thumb for added control.
- ✅ COLOR-CODED & CONVENIENT DETAILS DESIGN - Handles are color-coded for easy identification. Red handles indicate slotted and clear handles indicate Phillips screwdrivers. Each handle is engraved with the corresponding dimension. ⅛” slotted screwdriver includes pocket clip on the handle. Also comes with a mini keychain slotted screwdriver to take anywhere.
- ✅ VERSATILE SELECTION - Profession quality slotted and Phillips screwdrivers in popular sizes to accommodate multiple jobs, especially for professional tradesmen. Includes 9 Slotted: 3/32" X 1 1/2", 1/8" X 2", 1/8" X 4", 3/16" X 1 1/2", 3/16" X 4", 3/16" X 6", 3/16" X 9", 1/4" X 4", 1/4" X 6”. Includes 7 Philips: #0 x 1 1/2", #0 X 2 1/2", #1 X 1 1/2", #1 X 3", #2 X 4", #2 X 6", #2 X 8".
- ✅ LAY-FLAT STORAGE POUCH - Professional organization pouch with elastic and velcro to safely secure your screwdrivers in dedicated position. Made of durable lay-flat double polyester and lined with pearl cotton, screwdrivers are protected from damage and keeps them safe and dry. The ultra-soft comfortable handle for easy carry.
These screwdrivers were built to last, with diamond tips that mean precision every time. When we think of diamonds, luxury automatically springs to mind and this set definitely does bring a bit of luxury, not only with their coated tips but the overall appearance looks very sleek. The diamond coated tip means they grab the screw much better than ordinary drivers, and in fact, these uniquely coated screwdrivers provide the best friction between screwdriver tips and fasteners, offering up to four times more gripping power than standard black oxide-finished tips. Diamond-coated tips reduce slippage under force, and even help you remove stripped screws, an annoying job that all of us hate but is less challenging when you have the right tools for the job.
The dual material, ergonomically designed handles mean that the grip feels smooth and comfortable in the hand, and each has easy-to-read laser-marked shanks. The set contains a #1 #2 #3 in both Phillips and flathead tips, making it a great topup kit for a professional, or a small starter kit for a DIYer. They’re perfect for working on everything from bicycles to computers to home projects if you don’t want or need to buy a huge set.
- Slotted screwdriver sizes available in 3/16" x 3", 1/4" x 4", and 5/16" x 6"
- Phillips screwdriver sizes available in #1 x 3", #2 x 4", and #3 x 6"
- Diamond-coated tips
- Offers 4 times more gripping power than standard black oxide-finished tips
Depending on your budget and the type of projects you work on, one of the above sets could be a great addition to your personal or professional toolbox and all come highly recommended. Whether you’re a professional tradesperson or a veteren do-it-yourselfer, the success of your projects can often come down to the tools you use, so do your research to find the right pieces for your kit. To understand which screwdriver you should use for your project, watch this video:
- best laser measuring tool
- best moisture meter
- best oscillating tool
- best tap and die set
- electric demolition hammer reviews
Last Updated on