Perfect for professional use and DIY projects, the right sawhorse enables you to get jobs done quickly and accurately. Used to assist with cutting wood, sawhorses are traditionally used in pairs. By enabling you to lay planks flat and access them easily, sawhorses ensure you can cut wood accurately and safely.
As well as using your sawhorse for cutting purposes, it can also double-up as a makeshift bench. Helpful for a wide range of construction projects and home improvements, a sawhorse is an essential piece of kit. Whether you’re a professional carpenter or a homeowner who wants to enhance your property, a good sawhorse will ensure you can carry out the work efficiently, safely, and accurately.
Built from high-grade steel, the ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse is a robust and durable piece of equipment. Suitable for use in professional environments, as well as in the home, this sawhorse is a great all-rounder. It’s powder-coated and zinc-coated, which means it will stand up to difficult environments too. If you regularly need to use a sawhorse outside, powder and zinc-coating will prevent corrosion and increase the lifespan of your equipment, so the ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse is perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects.
Typically sold singularly, one ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse supports 1,110lb, whilst they have a capacity of 2,200lb when used as a pair. Easy-to-use, the ToughBuilt model features fast-open legs, so you can get your equipment set up quickly and efficiently. Furthermore, if you’re using the ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse as a pair, the handy support arms link the two together to create a useful jobsite table. While the ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse is one of the best sawhorses on the market, this dual functionality offers exceptional value for money.
Pivoting feet and metal support pegs come as standard on the ToughBuilt sawhorse, so you’ve got everything you need to get started right away. Weighing in at 13.34lb, the ToughBuilt Folding Sawhorse isn’t the lightest sawhorse on the market, but its easy-to-carry handles and rolled edges ensure it’s easy to move and lightweight enough to be portable.
- HEAVY DUTY FOLDING SAWHORSE — Constructed from 100 percent high-grade steel, this sawhorse is rugged and capable for your most demanding jobs. Alone it has an incredible 1100 lb. capacity. When paired with a second table, it has a 2200 lb. capacity per pair.
- CREATE A STURDY JOBSITE TABLE — Durable sawhorse has 2 x 4 support arms, when deployed transform two sawhorses into a solid and sturdy jobsite table. Adjustable height legs quickly configure to your work. Has quality material support pegs and pivoting feet that adjust to your needs.
- FOLDS TO AN EASY CARRY SIZE — Strong steel legs fold into a convenient collapsible size. Platform has rounded edges for safety and security. Easy grip handle allows effortless carry to jobsite. Excellent workbench for construction, firewood cutting, drywall, and other tasks.
- U.S.A QUALITY CONTROL —Designed, engineered, tested, and inspected in the USA to ensure high quality. You can be sure that you're getting the toughest sawhorse around.
- BUILT TO LAST — Constructed from powder-coated and zinc-plated steel, you'll never have to worry about corrosion. Withstands the most rigorous environments, and it’s covered with our limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in material or workmanship.
With a foldable depth of just 2.5”, the WORX Clamping Sawhorse Pair is perfect for storing in tight spaces. What’s more – with a weight of just 16.3lbs, they’re designed to be ultra-portable too. Whether you’re keeping them in a shed, garage, on a work site or transporting them in a truck or car, you’ll be able to take the WORX Clamping Sawhorse Pair wherever you need to go.
Able to support weight of up to 1,000lbs when used together, the WORK Clamping Sawhorse Pair gives you enough to leeway for small to medium-sized projects. However, if you routinely undertake larger projects or are using these for work purposes, you may need something which can support a greater weight.
Unlike many competitors, however, WORX provides detachable bar clamps with their Clamping Sawhorse Pair, so you can hold materials steady and increase the accuracy of your cuts. As they’re detachable, it’s easy to ensure they’ll hold whatever materials you need them to, or switch them out for your own bar clamps, if you prefer. With a maximum clamping width of 18”, the accompanying bar clamps can be used for a variety of projects, and are sure to satisfy the majority of users.
Delivered fully-assembled, there’s no pre-assembly work to carry out when you choose the WORK Clamping Sawhorse Pair. Whether you’re a professional contractor or are carrying out home DIY projects, you’ll be able to put your sawhorses to work straight away.
Although the WORX Clamping Sawhorse is a great sawhorse in itself, it has added features too. With built-in shelves and cord hooks, you can maintain a clean and safe environment while you work. Generally sold as a pair of two, the WORX Clamping Sawhorse Pair presents great value for money. While the 1,000lb maximum weight might rule it out for bigger projects, its versatility and size ensure it can be used in tight spaces, so it’s perfect for projects around the home or moderately-sized professional work.
- Made of durable and lightweight thermoplastic polymer material, engineered to support up to 1,000 lbs. used together
- Foldable for take-anywhere action and convenient storage, arrives fully assembled
- Included are two detachable bar clamps that can attach vertically or horizontally to meet your project’s needs
- Folded depth is 2.5 inches, and max clamping width is 18 inches
- Features a built-in shelf and cord hooks for storing tools, cords, and other materials
Offering a maximum weight capacity of 1,200lbs when used as a pair and operating as two sawhorses or four sawbucks, the Metabo HPT 115445M has a wide array of features. At just 11lbs, the Metabo HPT 115445M Portable Folding Sawhorses are designed to be lightweight, and they certainly live up to their name.
Despite their versatility and range of features, the Metabo HPT 115445M is budget-friendly. With a pair of Metabo HPT 115445M Portable Folding Sawhorses available for less than $40, they’re the perfect addition for your site, workshop, garage or shed. The additional sawbucks ensure that you are able to cut 2x4s with precision; supporting the flat side whilst you carry out your work. Furthermore, these can be raised to facilitate the cutting of 4’ x 8’ sheets, so you’ll have plenty of scope when carrying out projects.
The Metabo HPT 115445M Portable Folding Sawhorses come fully-assembled, so you won’t need to waste time constructing them. Simply remove the packaging, open the sawhorse and you’re ready to get started on your next project.
With a lower built-in shelf and cord hooks, the Metabo HPT 115445M ensures you can keep your workspace tidy, and avoid tripping hazards in the workplace. Perfect for professionals and amateur DIYers, the Metabo HPT 115445M Portable Folding Sawhorses are durable enough to be long-lasting, yet lightweight enough to be highly portable.
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Leading capacity at 1200 lbs per pair
- Includes 2 sawhorses and 4 sawbucks
- Sawbucks designed to hold 2x4 flat on its side
- Built in shelf and cord hooks
At first glance, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse looks like one of the more basic products on the market, but it is surprisingly hardwearing. Able to support weights up to 2,000lbs when used as a pair, you’ll find the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse is great for work around the house and professional-grade projects.
At just 8.5lbs, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse is one of the lightest options on the market, so they’re a great choice if you’re regularly moving your equipment from one location to another. Built from wood, the sawhorses brackets are manufactured from heavy gauge structural resin, so they’re strong enough to withstand a significant amount of pressure.
However, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse doesn’t come pre-assembled, so you’ll need to be prepared to assemble it yourself. Although assembly should be relatively quick, and only requires a screwdriver, this might be a negative in your book. With many other pre-assembled options on the market, not everyone will relish the thought of having to assemble their sawhorses before they can be used.
Despite using structural resin for the brackets, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse are built from wood, and this may be problematic if you plan on using them outdoors. If they get wet or damp, you’ll need to ensure they’re fully dry before storing them, or they could begin to rot.
Usually sold as a pair, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse are a great buy if you’re looking for budget-friendly sawhorses which can support a lot of weight. With more durable products available, however, you may find that more hardwearing material will provide you with longer-lasting equipment. If you’re looking for lightweight sawhorses for a one-off project or you only plan on using them in indoor environments, however, the 2x4basics 90196 Custom Pro Brackets Sawhorse are good value for money and, given their maximum weight capacity, they could be one of the best sawhorses on the market.
- Lumber not included with each kit
- Brackets made of heavy gauge structural resin
- Can support up to 2000 lbs (900 kg) per pair
- Easily assembles with only a screwdriver
- Includes all hardware - 4 brackets, and 8 stabilizing feet to make 2 sawhorses
The AmazonBasics range has been providing decent quality, low-cost goods for a while now, and their Folding Sawhorse certainly fits the bill. Weighing just over 10lbs and built from high-density plastic, the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse is designed for use at home or in a professional environment. Built from lightweight material, they’re a great option if you require portable equipment to move from one job site to another.
Generally sold as a pair and arriving pre-assembled, you can take the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse straight out of the box and get to work. Easy-to-use, simply separate the legs to use the sawhorse and fold flat to store. With a load-bearing capacity of 900lbs, these offer a reasonable maximum weight, but you may be looking for an alternative if you’re working on larger projects. With the ability to support weights of up to 900lbs, however, the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse is ideal for projects at home and moderately-sized professional jobs.
Despite being a budget-friendly product, the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse takes safety seriously. Once opened, the locking horses will prevent the sawhorse from closing once in use, while the non-slip rubber feet will prevent movement. In addition to this, the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse features fold-out stoppers at both ends, which prevents materials from moving while you’re working on them. Highly portable and easy to transport, the AmazonBasics Folding Sawhorse is great for outdoor projects, DIY enthusiasts, and professional contractors. If you’re looking for the best sawhorse on the market, this is definitely one to consider.
- Set of 2 professional sawhorses that hold up to 900lbs
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Works for both professional construction and home-based projects
- Folds flat for easy storage and transportation
- Safety features include locking braces, non-slip feet and fold-out stoppers
How To Use A Sawhorse Safely
To be as safe as possible while using a sawhorse, be sure to follow the tips in this video: