Top Portable Workbenches Reviewed
Are you looking for the best portable workbench? Regardless of what project you are completing, you will find that a portable workbench is a great tool to have on hand.
It can make many jobs easier to complete, and give you a strong and stable surface to work on. And the best portable benches are completely adjustable, ensuring that you can get them to the perfect height to complete your work.
Workbenches can be used to complete a variety of different tasks from clamping to cutting and even welding. The also can be handy when you need to bring a larger tool – like a drill press or benchtop drum sander – to a job site.
You need to find the right workbench for your needs. This can be quite a difficult decision because there are so many great options on the market. That’s why we’ve provided some of the best choices in this article. Let’s take a look.
Best Portable Workbenches
One of the things we like about this workbench, aside from the space-saving aspect is how easy it is to clean up. If you’re completing messy work with materials such as wood glue, you’ll be pleased find that it wipes right off. Some materials of course will stick like, well glue, but it is easy to keep this workbench clean.
Another advantage is the weight. This isn’t the lightest workbench on the market and you’ll be surprised to learn that this can be a plus. It ensures that you are able to complete some tougher jobs using it without it shifting under the weight. Some people will wonder whether it is too high for everyday use however, it is important to remember that this bench is completely adjustable.
If there is an issue with this bench, it would probably be the fact that it’s not completely flat. You can easily fix this with DIY and even if you don’t it shouldn’t put you off a purchase. The clamps also come in handy on most projects because they are strong enough to hold materials firmly in place.
- Multiple work modes provide maximum versatility
- Folds down in seconds for work on the go, and for easy storage
- Hole pattern on tables accept bench dogs and other accessories
- Built-in storage trays hold hardware and parts. Heavy-gauge steel legs provide a solid foundation
- Auto-adjust bench clamp and 4 Bench dogs included
What about the multi-function design? Well, this simply means that you can use this bench as a desk or individual work surface. That’s because you can raise individual sections and this means that you’re getting a lot more than just the typical workbench. Those who have had issues cutting their hands on workbenches in the past will also be pleased to learn that the edges of this bench are smooth.
Finally, you’ll be thrilled with how easy this is to set up. You won’t have to spend hours fidgeting with this bench and instead can immediately get to work. Furthermore, there are ergonomic design features too such as depressions across each side of the screws. This is ideal for ensuring that you don’t lose pencils, screws and drill bits.
- Versatile worktable converts to a sawhorse or work bench in seconds - no assembly required
- Compact, foldable and lightweight for go-anywhere usage and storage - only 5" depth when folded
- Worktable supports up to 300 lbs., sawhorse supports up to 1,000 lbs. - legs lock for added security
- Includes two (2) Quick Clamps and four (4) clamp dogs to secure a variety of materials and shapes
- Tabletop measures 31"x 25" or 725 sq. in., 32" height, 30 lbs. weight
The standout feature or design concept is how easy and fast you can fold this workbench up and put it away. You can fold this bench up in minutes and ensure that it doesn’t take up much space in your home or place of work at all. You can fit it virtually anywhere from a cupboard under the stairs to a space in the attic.
The system also provides great storage options for tools and other items. The lower shelves can be used to hold anything from small pencils to measuring tapes. We’re also pleased to say that the equipment comes with bar clamps as well which is a fantastic addition.
As well as this, the table is highly durable. Remember we mentioned a quality build? Well, we’re not saying you should but if you wanted to you could stand on this table and use it to reach high places in your garage. Despite being strong enough to hold your weight, this workbench is also suitably light that you can easily move it around to where you need it to be. As such, we think you’ll find that it essentially provides the best of both worlds. A light design that offers the strength you need for the toughest jobs.
- Work surface holds up to 1000 lbs.
- Includes 2-12 in. Clamps
- Portable work station
- Unique quick opening system Device.Made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs
- Product dimensions (W X D X H): 85.0 X 55.0 X 75.5cms
Another big benefit and a standout feature of this particular device is that it does have wheels. It’s important to be aware that this is not for moving the item around. Instead, the wheels are intended for use as a creeper while you are working on your vehicle. The other benefit is that this table does fold down completely when you are not using it. As such, you can essentially keep it out of sight and out of mind. If you’re not using this as a workbench, you may find it is suitable for supporting items.
The only downside to this item is that it is quite heavy. As such, you may have trouble moving it to different places. That said, if you’re simply looking for an item that is quite compact and perfect for a variety of different workspaces, this could be a great choice.
- Easily transitions from workbench, scaffold, dolly, or creeper
- Large work surface measures 37.5" X 18.3"
- Durable 500-pound duty rated capacity
- Equipped with handle for easy transportation
Don’t let the look deceive you either. While this table may appear to be a fairly lightweight design it actually has a lot of heft behind it. The spidery legs are remarkably strong too and you can get the whole thing up in under a minute. To give you an idea of how strong this table is, you could easily put something like a large laser printer or even an air conditioner on this table and it will hold it beautifully. The table weighs approximately 13lbs so it is light enough to carry around, maneuver and basically get it where you need it to be.
Ultimately, if you purchase this table, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck. It doesn’t have the same level of features and accessories as other more expensive tables but this is to be expected. For what you’re paying, it provides a fantastic level of value for money.
- Compact, lightweight and easy to set up - supports up to 300 lbs.
- Metal leg stand won't slip on hard surfaces or sink in soft ground
- Detachable tabletop transforms into the carrying case for maximum portability
- Tabletop folds in half for convenient, out-of-the-way storage
- Includes four Clamp Dogs for securing materials and two Link Locks to connect multiple Sidekicks
Portable Workbench Comparison Video
If you’ve never used a portable workbench before, here is a good YouTube comparison of two of the benches in our roundup:
We hope this helps you decide which workbench is the right choice for you. As you can see, there are quite a few possibilities you can consider on the market. Our recommendation would be to purchase the Pegasus model. It provides a fantastic and innovative design with all the features that you could possibly want and is sturdy enough for a fantastic level of weight.
Last Updated on