Are you looking for the best portable band saw available on the market today? Portable band saws are a fantastic tool for cutting through wood or in some cases metal.
Despite their compact size, these are incredibly strong and deliver the fantastic level of power that you need on any job like this. There are actually quite a few different portable band saws available to purchase.
You might struggle to find the right one for you and that’s where we come in.
On this article, you can find some of the benefits and unique features of five of the best portable band saws available to purchase right now. We’ll look at what they can be used for and why they might be the right choice for you. Are you ready to get started?
Portable Bandsaw Comparison Table
With the above in mind, it’s time to take a look at the best portable bandsaws, to see which are going to work best for your needs.
The other benefit is the power of the saw. This is going to cut through a conduit like it is made of butter. It’s also remarkably easy to make a straight cut and that is certainly not always the case with these products. What we mean here is that there’s no shake or tremor. It is incredibly easy to control and you’ll find that you can quickly make the perfect slice you need.
If we had to pick an issue with this saw, it would probably be the fact that it does not come with a metal guard. This does leave your fingers a little vulnerable, but it can easily be corrected by purchasing one yourself. The item is a tad heavy which can be a problem for some tasks. But, ultimately the weight is what makes it so tough and resistant to knocks or bumps.
The final factor you need to consider is the battery. If you are running it on even a single 5V battery, you’ll find that it will still last you a long time. Indeed, you could complete a good few days of work before you notice the power starting to dwindle.
- 2-1/2" cut capacity cuts up to 2" SCH 40 pipe
- Centered handle position provides superior balance and ergonomics
- LED Work Light with 20 second delay
- Blade tracking adjustment
- Dual bearing blade guide rollers
Another clever design feature of this saw is the safety switch. This can be used to stop the trigger from being pressed. It works just like a gun and is a clever idea, providing additional levels of safety while you are on the job. It’s well built too and provides a fantastic level of battery life. Similar to the previous model, this one will provide a nice clean cut with virtually no burr and no sparks. You can also look straight down on the blade while you are making a cut. This is another reason why this product is so easy to use.
It’s easy to set up too and you’ll find changing the blade simple and fast. That’s a great feature when you’re using this in a busy work environment.
- 4-3/4" Cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8" Blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
Did we mention you can use it to cut through a massive variety of different materials? You can and you’ll find it useful on pine, oak, walnut, purple heart and various types of carbon fiber or even steel plate. Whatever you want to cut, you’ll find this tool handles the job with an incredible level of ease. The best part is that it will cut through all these materials with no sparks and no signs of strain at all.
It could be suitable for a wide range of industries too. If you’re working as a plumber, you’ll be glad to have this little saw on your side. You can use it for multiple cuts and it will, no pun intended, cut previous job times in half!
We’re also impressed with how much kit this item comes with. We’ve already mentioned the hard, plastic, carry case. You also get two 5 amp batteries, a charger as well as a preinstalled blade. This means that you’ll be able to use the item virtually straight out the box.
Potentially, the only issue with this item is the price. It is quite expensive for a portable saw. That said, you do get a lot of bang for your buck with this item and it will last. So, taking that into consideration it could be worth the investment.
- 5'' x 4-3/4'' cut capacity
- LED Work Light with a 20 second delay
- Variable speed trigger and dial allow for versatility and control
- Integrated hanging hook
- Tool-less blade changing lever
The first factor to consider is the weight of this saw. It is light enough that you can use it for hours without any issues at all. We think you’ll love the level of power on this one too. It can cut through anything including aluminum thresholds and stainless tubing. We love how easy it is to maneuver and it does provide the clean cut that you want every time.
Be aware that you might struggle to find the replacement blades for this particular item and that could put some people off. That said, the blades that you do get are brilliant and this is certainly a well-made product. When you use it you’ll also love the extra features that ensure easy use. We’re particularly fond of the auto mode option. Whereas most provide manual speed adjustments, this portable band saw will do that job for you with no issues at all.
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Brushless Motor Technology for higher efficiency, increased run time and longer tool lifetime
- 3-1/4" cut capacity cuts materials like conduit pipes, steel pipes, power cables, aluminum window frames and various plastics in electric, plumbing and mechanical work applications
- Variable speed dial that operates from 260 to 640 SFPM and allows for setting the blade speed to suit the work material
- Auto mode: operates from 395 to 640 SFPM and automatically adjusts the blade speed to the work material resulting in noise reduction and less battery consumption
Another big benefit is that the saw is fully portable. Believe it or not, this isn’t always a guarantee with a portable band saw. Many do require a mains connection but that’s not the case here. This means that you can use it in a wide range of environments with it operating on battery power. It’s a completely compact device and only requires an 18V battery to run beautifully. To be aware that the cutting span is a little on the low side, but that’s just a minor complaint. Particularly, if you’re completing fairly typical projects.
You’ll find the saw cuts well too and works effortlessly. You won’t notice any issues with sparks or jolts when you’re using this product. Similar to the Hitachi band saw, you might find that it’s quite difficult to get the replacement blades that you require for this device. That said, the ones that come with it are fantastic and thus it’s worth having a little hunt around. The only thing you have to be aware of is that you do need to buy Bosch blades that are specifically designed for this product.
- Best-in-class compact size