The Top 5 Pole Saws Reviewed
A pole saw can be manual or powered using gas and electricity. Primarily, a pole saw is used for trimming the branches of trees and taller greenery, and you can do so without needing a ladder to help. If you have a lot of greenery or trees on your property, then you’ll be in need of a pole saw to help you through. It’s not as common to buy as a hedge trimmer or a mower, so it makes sense that it’s hard to get the reviews of the best out there. Pruning trees and larger shrubs on your property can be a difficult job with the wrong tools and no one to stand by and watch you to ensure that you don’t fall off the ladder. A pole saw can make this job far less dangerous, and it can also ensure that you get the job done tidily.
When you come to buy your new piece of equipment, it can help to know which is the best kind of pole saw to use for your requirements. The price and size of the pole saw could come into it, but so could the blade length and power type. It’s all about preference, and with that in mind, we’ve put together five of the best pole saw reviews on the market so that you can see what’s available and whether it would be suitable for your needs. Let’s take a look:
Short on time? Our pick for the Best Pole Saw is the Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw.
Best Pole Saws
If you are looking for an easy to use pole saw, then the Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw is a good option for you. Not only are you not held back by cords, but you also get an adjustable shaft that can reach up to eight feet; no ladder required. You also get easy adjust chain tension system along with an automatic oiler. The battery and charger are also included in the cost of this model, which makes it a cost-effective option for those who need to consider their budget. There’s a lithium battery pack that is included, and this should provide enough power for your sawing project. This is a good model for branches of moderate thickness, and as it’s an affordable tool to look at, you get quality use at a great price. The 8-inch bar and chain are a vital feature of this model, and the battery charge doesn’t last as long as most other models on the market.
Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw Pros & Cons
There are some disadvantages as well as advantages to the Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw, so we’ll start with those. There is a shorter reach for the Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw compared to other models, and sometimes, the battery goes faster than you’d like which could become a source of frustration when you’re in the middle of a job. However, the excellent motor and the lightweight features of this model outweigh the negatives.
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard system--includes 2Ah Battery and Charger
- 8-Inch bar and chain for easy trimming of branches. Product weight: 8.360 pounds
- Easy adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- 3-piece aluminum shaft can be extended to 8 ft. for the perfect extended
One of the top picks for tree trimmers who need a good pole saw is the BLACK+DECKER LPP120. This is a cordless option, with a battery powered pole saw that is easy to use, compatible with the full BLACK+DECKER range of gardening tools and is practical to use. It’s got the ability to make an important job a quick one, and the pole extends up to 10 feet. This means that you can bring your cutting job up to 14 feet off the ground – no stepladder necessary.
It comes with a 20V MAX lithium battery, and the 8-inch cutting bar allows you to cut swiftly through 6 inch thick branches with no time at all. It’s a model that will meet your expectations and impress you with the quality of delivery at the affordable price on the shelf. There’s a lot to like about this model, and the fact that it’s compatible with the other BLACK+DECKER tools means that the battery pack swap is an easy one to perform. If you need to, you can charge several batteries from your sets and change them out one by one so that the job can be completed.
BLACK+DECKER LPP120 Pros & Cons
Some of the pros of this model cover mainly the weight of the BLACK+DECKER LPP120. It’s coming in at a lightweight 6.3lb, so you shouldn’t have trouble lifting this pole saw for very long, but the most significant disadvantage lies in the battery power. After 20 minutes, you may find that your battery has run down. This is why we suggested charging more than one battery for an easy swap.
- Provides up to 100 cuts of 1-1/2" pine branches per charge
- 8" cutting bar & chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6"
- Includes 1 high capacity 20V LI-ion pack, charger, oil bottle & wrench
- Power Source : battery powered
This is one of the most delicate pole saw models on the market, and it’s not necessarily a good thing for some enthusiastic DIY-ers. This Maxtra Gas Pole Saw is a heavy, large item, and if there are any issues with cutting, it will just stop working. It’s one of the more expensive models on the market, so the fact that it will cut out with difficulty sawing is a concern; you pay for it to do the job, and if it’s not performing that can be an issue. This is a powerful model, as it’s gas-powered and has a very long reach. The Maxtra Gas Pole Saw can cut down branches of up between 13-16.5 feet high without ladder use. This extended reach is one of the most attractive aspects of this model, and it’s got an extremely powerful engine compared to other gas pole saws around.
Maxtra Gas Pole Saw Pros & Cons
There are plenty of cons, unfortunately, for this model. Even more, unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros! The Maxtra Gas Pole Saw has a sensitivity that will cause some frustration for the user, and the last thing that you want is for the saw to stop working. Given the weight of the saw, you expect it to work correctly and last you for some time. However, that being said, the power behind it is impressive, and the long reach can mean that you may be able to overlook the issues.
- [POWERFUL ENGINE]: Super powerful 2-stroke 42.7cc engine,which is perfect balance the weight and power. It's light weight than other bigger 52cc engine and powerful than other small engine. It's perfect for landscape business owner and those who own their own garden.It can trim 7-8 inch branches effectively
- [HUMANIZATION DESIGN]: We specially provide a portable bag ,which is convenient for carry and store the chainsaw.Air filter provides engine protection and provides longer life.Shoulder strap can handle can help reduce the Vibration and fatigue in use
- [ADJUSTABLE EXTRA LENGTH]: This gas powered pole chainsaw can be adjust from 8.2 to 11.4 FT with a 3.6 FT extension pole.so,you can easily cut down the branches of 13-14 ft on the ground.That is safer when you trim big trees and high branches
- [QUICK-START TECHNOLOGY] : newly improved engine use the advanced quick-start technology, which means the engine will start within 3-4 times pull
- [1 YEAR WARRANTY]: One year warranty!! Please feel free to contact us ,if you have any problem.we will response within 24 hours
There are plenty of gardeners and outdoorsmen out there who want to find affordable hedge trimmers, and it’s not easy to find a model that can effortlessly achieve the perfect garden quickly. The good news is that the VonHaus Hedge Trimmers can do precisely that. You can cut the time of the cutting that you need to do by half, and it’s better than most of the products in the same market. It’s a useful product that offers a high performance, designed to last long. This is a hedge trimming tool that is cordless, with a 135-degree adjustable reach. The VonHaus Hedge Trimmers is extendable, and it comes with a 20V battery and 45cm dual action laser cut blades. There is a charger with it, as well as a shoulder strap for cutting comfort. It’s the perfect tool for both horizontal and vertical cutting, and you won’t have any issues slicing through 14mm thick branches. This is a lightweight option, with an extendability of up to 2.44 metres.
VonHaus Hedge Trimmers Pros & Cons
There are plenty of pros to shout about with the VonHaus Hedge Trimmers, and the fact that is has a soft and comfortable grip is just one of the many reasons we like this model. It’s powerful and durable as well as being easy to use. There’s a two-stage safety trigger, and it comes with a two-year guarantee.
- NO NEED FOR LADDERS: Take on overhead tree branches with ease. This Cordless Pole Chain saw is the ultimate garden tool for cutting back unruly tree branches, as well as assisting with other garden DIY tasks
- ENHANCED COMFORT: Includes shoulder strap and designed with auxiliary handle and foam grip. Weight: 11.8 lbs
- TELESCOPING POLE: Strong and sturdy extendable pole gives you a working height between 8ft and 10ft
- SAFETY IN MIND: 2 stage safety trigger operation prevents accidental starts.
- INCLUDES: 4.0Ah Lithium-ion battery and charger powers the 8" Oregon chain, blade cover for safe storage when not in use. Replacement batteries will be available summer 2018.
The Remington brand of power tools is known for its variety of saws that cater to the average homeowner’s equipment needs. If you are looking for a model that has the two-in-one capability of a chainsaw and a pole saw, you’re in the right place with the Remington RM1025SPS. Previously called the Branch Wizard, this model could be right for you in terms of structure and capacity, with an 8-amp electric motor and a low kickback bar and chain. When you are looking for a good model for pruning hanging branches and trimming limbs, you’re not going to go wrong with the Remington RM1025SPS. It’s priced well for the market at under a hundred dollars, and with the limited warranty of two years, you get great value for money.
Remington RM1025SPS Pros & Cons
There are plenty of advantages to this model, beginning with the fact that it’s equipped with a telescoping pole made with adjustable aluminium. It doubles as a chainsaw, so this pole saw is conveniently detached even without the need for tools. It comes with a flip and lock clamps that ensure safety when you choose the desired length of your pole saw. The disadvantages come in where the weight is concerned. It’s rather heavy for a pole saw, which can mean a little difficulty when it comes to lifting equipment. It’s a less powerful model compared to others, too so you may have to consider not cutting the larger branches!
Here is a video of the Remington pole saw:
- 2-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Logs on the ground? Quickly detach the saw from the pole to convert the unit from a pole saw into a chainsaw. No tools required!
- LONG REACH: Designed with two aluminum booms extendable to 10-feet for high branches. With operator height considered, the pole saw can cut limbs 10-feet to 15-feet overhead.
- ELECTRIC POWERED: An 8-amp electric motor instantly starts to drive the chain over the low-kickback, 10-inch bar.
- ADJUSTABLE: A telescoping design paired with flip and lock clamps allow the operator to quickly adjust the length of the pole saw so that trimming trees of varying heights isn't a hassle.
- PRUNE IN COMFORT: Anti-rotation shaft and non-slip grip enhance comfort and stability during use.