The Top 10 Gutter Cleaning Tools of 2020 Reviewed
If asked, very few people would list “cleaning the gutters” as their favorite chore. And for good reason. Gutter cleaning is annoying, especially during the fall season when the leaves seem unending and the rain never lets up. Thankfully, there are plenty of gutter-cleaning tools on the market to help make this less-than-ideal chore a cinch.
While most people would rather not clean their gutters on a regular basis, clogged gutters can lead to serious issues in your home, such as a leaking roof. This can lead to serious water damage if not taken care of, which can cost you a lot of money in the long run. That’s why its important to make gutter cleaning a part of your weekly maintenance routine.
The first thing to keep in mind when looking for a gutter cleaning tool is if you are looking for a manual tool or one that uses pressurized water to clean out the gutters. If you have a large house, or are looking to speed up your cleaning processed, using a pressure washer to clean out your gutters is a great option. However, if you have a smaller home or an older house with older gutters, you may be better served choosing one of the manual gutter cleaning tools from the list below.
Worried about picking the right gutter cleaner? You can rest easy knowing we’ve done all the heavy lifting for you, so you can jump right in to keeping your gutters clean and your home safe from unwanted water damage. If you’re in a hurry to get back to your to do list, check out the table below to see our top pick for the best gutter cleaning tool of 2020.
The Best Gutter Cleaning Tools
We understand how overwhelming it can be to pick the right gutter cleaning tool. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and assembled our top picks for 2020 below.
The Gutter Sense Gutter Cleaning Tool looks similar to a grabby hand machine you’d find in the toy aisle. With a set of spatula-like grabbers attached to an easy-to-use, string-based closure system, this handy tool allows you to reach into your gutters with ease and remove leaves and debris without having to resort to a pressure washer or other potentially damaging tools. This set of grabbers is made to fit onto any sized extension pole, making it ideal for situations where you may need to reach areas of varying heights. The curved handles make grabbing and scooping debris easier than ever, and are sure to leave your gutters clean as a whistle.
The biggest advantage of this tool is it all but removes the need for precarious ladders when cleaning out your gutters, and since it uses a simple string to activate the grabbing ends, this string can be easily extended for taller homes or hard to reach areas. Reviewers applauded how simple this tool was to use, and noted that it saved them hundreds of dollars that would have been spent having their gutters professionally cleaned. Hands down, this is one of the best gutter cleaning tools on the market and is well worth the investment.
- Eliminates climbing or moving ladders
- Tongs spread for a 14" wide grasp. Paddles are 2.5 inches wide
- Lightweight usable to two stories. Low cost and no water needed
- Fits on an ordinary extension pole, or standard handle. Tongs run flat in gutter even if pole is slightly tilted
The B E Pressure 85.206.424L Telescoping Wand is made to attach to your pressure washer and is ideal for cleaning out hard to reach or frequently clogged gutters. With a telescoping pole that can reach over two feet, this washer may not win a second-story award any time soon, but the easy-to-use handle and extended cord make it ideal for first story cleaning, as well as washing in other hard to reach areas. The high-powered nozzle allows you to clean your gutters faster than ever, while still maintaining control over stream direction and power. With 4000 psi, this washer is sure to get the job done quicker than ever.
While some reviewers noted that this pressure washer is a little difficult to handle, especially for those on the older side, they did note it did an excellent job cleaning out their gutters, and some recommend using a tool sling for added control in more precarious areas. Still, they noted that this was an excellent tool and well worth the investment, and could reach to the second story of their home with little to no issue, though they did mention the taller the pole was extended, the harder it became to fully control.
- Inlet: 3/8 in. Quick Connect Plug
- Outlet: 1/4 in. Brass Socket (accepts color coded nozzles)
- Length: 24 ft.
- Maximum Pressure: 4,000 PSI
- Maximum Flow Rate: 8.0 GPM
If your first thought when seeing the Gutter Getter 00-612 TRV147537 is to be reminded of a popcorn scoop, you’re not alone. This tool set includes an extendable pole that can attached to the diamond-shaped gutter cleaner, reducing the amount of bending and reaching you need to do while cleaning your gutters. Then, the hand scoop allows you to easily remove any debris from the gutter without having to struggle with a power washer or other industrial tool. All in all, this is a simple, low-tech tool that will get the job done without unnecessary frills or features.
It is worth noting that this tool does require you to use a ladder to reach your gutters, so it is not recommended for anyone who has an issue using a ladder safely. However, its low-tech nature makes it perfect for homes with older or more sensitive roofs and gutter systems, as it won’t put the same amount of strain on your home as a pressure washer would. As an added bonus, there is no water needed, making it ideal for homes that already have a slight leak problem that would be exacerbated by added water. This is a great low-tech option for anyone looking to clean their gutters in a snap.
- The product is easy to use
- The product is highly durable and handle
- The product is manufactured in USA
The WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vacuum Gutter Cleaning Kit allows you to turn your wet/dry shop vacuum into a gutter-cleaning machine with just a few simple steps. The multi-use attachments extend the nozzle of your shop vac to make reaching your gutters easier than ever, and the specially developed end attachments clean debris and mud from your gutter in no time flat. As an added bonus, the attachments for this kit are made to fit most shop vacs, and can be used for many other home cleaning activities, such as vacuuming in tight corners or around plumbing.
The real star of this kit is the U-bend attachment that allows you to set the vacuum hose on the edge of your gutters without having to mess around with ladders or other tools. This takes a large amount of strain off of you during the gutter cleaning process, and makes it that much easier for you to get the perfectly clean gutters of your dreams. Not only is it easier on your arms, it is easier on your back, keeping you from having to climb up and down a ladder all day. As a bonus, the specialized end attachment is shaped in such a way to catch the optimal amount of dirt and debris and then channel it toward the vacuum hose, so you don’t have to fight with a clogged attachment again.
- Includes 2 additional extension wands to extend your reach, after all what is a wet dry vacuum gutter cleaning kit if you can't reach your gutters.
- 120 degree elbow directs the shop vacuum's power into the gutters allowing the user to blow or collect the debris in the rain gutters
- 2-1/2-inch diameter allows for larger sized debris collection and maximum airflow which is ideal for a gutter cleaning kit.
- This wet dry vacuum gutter cleaning kit comes equipped with wet dry vacuum accessories that will fit most shop vacuums utilizing a 2-1/2-inch diameter hose.
- Gutter cleaning kit includes these 2-1/2-inch wet dry vacuum accessories: 120-degree elbow, 2 hose extension wands, blower nozzle, and a male-to-male adapter
While the GutterMaster Classic Curved Water Fed Pole is a bit short of the thirty-nine and a half foot one requested in “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” twelve feet is nothing to scoff at! This telescoping pole comes with a curved head attachment, making it ideal for working with hard to reach gutters. This water fed pole is made to be used with a pressure washer, and can help take some of the pressure off of you when it comes time to clean out your gutters.
The easiest way to use this tool is to first flush the downspout of your gutter. Next, clear an area about three feet in front of the downspout, and continue in similar increments working down your gutter. After a final rinse, you’re all done! With foam comfort grips and an easy-twist collar that locks the wand to the desired length, this is a quality piece of equipment that will help keep your gutters clean for years to come. It is worth noting that some reviewers found this tool hard to use if they had previous shoulder injuries, but noted it worked amazingly well for gutters as high as two stories up without the use of a stepladder.
- Cleaning your gutters is faster than you think. Guttermaster's Curved Water Fed Telescoping Pole takes all the pain away from this tedious seasonal chore. No more taking hours to climb rickety ladders and manually removing blockages.
- Guttermaster water wands are ideal for removing most detritus you find. Pine needles, deciduous leaf mould leftover from the autumn, and more! Just clean out your downspouts first, then move on to spraying out the horizontal gutters. For covered gutters, we recommend contacting your manufacturer first.
- This Guttermaster Curved wand measures 12' fully extended. Combined with your own height, this is long enough to reach even most second story gutters. Water pressure from the pole depends on the water pressure of your own hose and is controlled by the variable flow control valve.
- Our telescoping flow through poles require no special accessories or instructions. Just connect it to your hose, and you're all set to get your gutters ready for April showers. We've designed our poles to fit with most standard garden hoses, so no special attachments are needed there, either!
- Guttermaster water poles aren't just for gutters! Any spot you need to clean, our poles can reach. Need a bit of scrubbing action? We've got a whole range of flow through brushes that attach as easily as a hose to the end of your pole. Check out our storefront for our complete list of home maintenance products.
If you’re looking for a gutter cleaning tool that can work with your average garden hose, the Buyplus Gutter Cleaning tool is the choice for you. With a hooked ended made especially for gutter cleaning, as well as variable pressure settings, this retractable gutter cleaning tool is ideal for anyone looking to take the strain out of cleaning their gutters. With an upward extendable range of 84”, this gutter cleaning tool is perfect for cleaning out first floor gutters, and can even reach second-story gutters with the help of a stepladder. While this is made to work with the average garden hose, it is worth noting that your water pressure should be under 120 psi, as higher water pressure leads to more leakage with this tool.
Reviewers applaud the multifunctionality of this tool, noting they’ve attached it to their air blower to help clean out their garage or clean debris out of their gutter after a dry spell. They also note it works great for cleaning other areas of the home, both on the interior and exterior, and is a useful tool for cleaning surfaces before painting them. Overall, they praised the Buyplus Gutter Cleaning Tool for making it that much easier for them to do their chores, and noted it made taking care of their gutters easier than ever.
No products found.
If you’re looking to take a hard stand against dirt and grime, the AgiiMan Gutter Cleaning Tool is the right choice for you. Made for use with a pressure washer, this gutter cleaning tool set comes with an extendable design that makes it perfect for hard-to-reach locations. The curved end allows it to hook onto the edge of gutters, and work around corners, helping you keep your home cleaner than ever. With five unique washing heads specifically designed for a wide range of tasks, from stain removers and wooden surfaces to screens and windows and even spray on detergents, this cleaning kit has all your cleaning needs covered.
Reviewers noted that this tool made a huge difference in their cleaning routine, and helped especially well for homes with slick surfaces that made using a ladder even more precarious. They also noted it is not fitted for use with a normal garden hose, so you may need to find a cheep adaptor if you are looking to use this without a pressure washer behind it. While it is worth noting the heavy-duty nozzle should not be used for gutter cleaning, as it can cause damage to your gutters and cause leaking issues, the other attachments worked wonders on all types of clogged gutters, making this the perfect investment for anyone who struggles with keeping their gutters clean.
- The gutter cleaning tool are made of brass and stainless steel. Working pressure is up to 4000 PSI. Working temperature is up to 140 ℉, Long life.
- The gutter cleaning tool consists of 6 straight rods, a curved rod. Safe and efficient. Can get areas which is hard to reach, great for gutter cleaning.
- Gutter cleaning tool have 5 high quality nozzle tips for many different uses. Soap nozzle and 40, 25, 15 and 0 degree nozzles. This variety of sizes can be used for any and all cleaning jobs!
- Gutter cleaning extension wands have M22 14mm male thread end and it can change to 1/4” quick connect with included coupler. Easy to operate, install and disassemble.
- We always stand firmly behind every purchase of yours. If for any reason you're not 100% satisfied, please let us know and our customer service team will help you return or refund.
Another gutter-cleaning tool from AgiiMan, this pressure washer extension wand set comes with six interchangeable extension poles, as well as two washer heads at either a deep curve or slight curve, perfect for washing hard to reach locations. The handle includes a padded grip, as well as an easy nozzle storage system that allows all six of the unique heads to be on hand at all times. It is worth noting that this tool was made to work with a pressure washer, and as such may need external fittings to work with garden hoses. Still, all of that aside, this is an incredible tool for anyone looking to give their gutters a deep cleaning, and has the added bonus of working as an all-around cleaning tool, perfect for removing stains and grime from around your home, or in a professional setting.
With a total length of 120”, this cleaning tool gives you a total reach of about 10 feet, making it ideal for those hard-to-access areas and second story gutters. Reviewers noted it was incredibly easy to assembled, and lauded the inclusion of additional rubber washers in case others were lost or damaged. They noted this made it much easier to clean hard-to-reach locations, and many reviewers noted it functioned well at its ideal psi requirements (with a maximum psi of 4,000). While one reviewer noted the angled head did tend to move away from the wall when exposed to high pressure, it still worked well to clean the surface.
- [Pressure Washer Wand Extension]The pressure washer extension wand are made of brass and stainless steel. Working pressure is up to 4000 PSI. Working temperature is up to 140 ℉, Long life.
- [Gutter Cleaning Tool]1/4’’ NPT female socket connects to these pressure washer gutter cleaning tool. 1/4’’ NPT male quick disconnector connects to pressure washer spray gun. Easy to operate, install and disassemble.
- [Extionsion Wands]Curved Rod Design and More Efficiency Cleaning can enter into some dead zone operations, to facilitate your use,adjust the length of the pressure washer wands according to your different needs, each straight wands is 15inch, Curved Rod is 7.5inch, which the total length is about 120 inches
- [Telescoping Lance]Extension replacement lance for pressure washers have 6 high quality nozzle tips for many different uses. Soap nozzle and 65, 40, 25, 15 and 0 degree nozzles. This variety of sizes can be used for any and all cleaning jobs!
- [Extension Pole for Power Washer]If you have any questions, please contact us, we would be more than happy to assist. AgiiMan team is always ready to serve you
M MINGLE Pressure Washer Gutter Cleaner Attachment offers the precision needed to reach over the edges of your gutters without messing around with ladders or other precarious pieces of equipment. This set comes with five unique washer heads to produce different levels of clean, and is made to fit with most power washers. The one downside of this product is that it does not come with any extension poles, making it difficult to use with higher buildings. Still, the product itself allows you to turn your normal pressure washing into a gutter-cleaning machine, making this ideal for anyone looking to streamline their gutter cleaning routine.
With five precision heads to clean sidewalks, brick, concrete, wood, screens, and more, this is an all-in-one cleaning kit that will benefit both your gutters and your home as a whole. One reviewer did note that some of the heads did not produce as much pressure as they had hoped, and that due to the lack of length-increasing attachments they had to stand directly under their gutters, leading to some water spray over. However, a majority of customers praised the product for how easy it was to use, and how much cleaner it got their gutters, allowing them to clean their first-floor gutters without a stepladder. While this may not be ideal for taller houses, overall this attachment offers plenty of freedom when it comes to using your pressure washer, and works well for gutter cleaning overall.
- Universal pressure washer gutter wand for power washer is used to get the out-of-reach areas as pivoting coupler, such as gutter and undercarriage. Length: 13 inch.
- Ideal for cleaning gutters from the safety of the ground. Quick couples to most telescoping wand or extension wand. Ideal for cleaning under a vehicle and avoid crawling. Easy to clean road grime, oil and fuel contaminants under cars, trucks, Jeep, SUVs, commercial-size vehicles and trailers.
- 5 Nozzle Tips: They have different angle (0, 15, 25, 40, 65 degree). Choose different nozzle according to your needs. Such as watering flowers and plants, washing car. Max pressure is up to 4000 PSI.
- The pressure washer nozzle quick connects to gutter wand. 1/4’’ male plug of gutter wand quick connects to pressure washer gun or telescoping wand.
- pressure washer gutter cleaning tool is made of durable stainless steel. The working pressure is up to 4000 PSI.
Another instance of a pressure washing tool that does not come with an extension piece, this gutter cleaning attachment is made for use with standard pressure washers. Like many of the tools noted in this review, this pressure washer attachment features a curved head, allowing it to rest on the edge of the gutters without issue. Unlike many of the attachments, however, this pressure washer features dual heads, allowing you to clean both directions at once without compromising on power. This makes it ideal for use in gutters and other long areas, as it can disperse the grime and muck in two directions at once.
Reviewers noted this was a great tool for cleaning longer gutters, especially on larger buildings, but did wish it had come with an extension pole of some kind. They also noted that the specialized attachment worked amazingly for gutters, but the dual heads did not work as well for any other cleaning situation, making this a very specialized investment. However, if you are looking to clean gutters at twice the speed and have your own pressure washer extender, this is a great investment to take the hassle out of spring cleaning and ensure your gutters shine.
- Application: Built-in two high-pressure turbo nozzles for blasting away leaves and debris quickly and easily out of your gutters. Ideal for fast and easy cleaning of cluttered and clogged gutters.
- The working pressure of gutter cleaner tools is rating to 3300 PSI.
- Power washer gutter cleaner has 1/4 inch Quick Disconnect and fits most brands of high pressure washer wands. Universal fit for gas or electrical pressure washers.
- Pressure washer gutter cleaner attachment is made of brass and stainless steel.
- Gutter cleaner for pressure washer can be quickly connected. Easy to install and remove.
Why Should You Clean Your Gutters?Why Should You Clean Your Own Gutters?
Cleaning your own gutters allows you to be close up with your roof, so you can see if there are any damaged areas that need repair. It can also save you money, as some companies charge $200 or more every time they clean your gutters. Of course, no one looks forward to climbing a ladder and looking at their roof, which is where there are plenty of specialized gutter cleaning tools that allow you to keep both feet on the ground, while still getting the your gutters nice and clean.
If you do need to climb a ladder in order to clean your gutters, make sure to practice good ladder safety by having someone else hold the base of your ladder, and using a safety harness, if possible, in situations where you may be in for a big fall. Remember, while keeping your gutters in good order is important, it’s not as important as your own safety!
How to Clean Your Gutters
Here is a helpful video from Lowes that explains the best way to clean your gutters, as well as how to install gutter guards to keep leaves and dirt out.