A cabinet table saw is ideal for someone with serious woodworking requirements. They are machines built for performance, stability, and longevity. Cabinet saws are suitable for professional woodworkers that need a tool that cuts even the thickest of wood without breaking a sweat. They are also perfect for those that want saws that don’t vibrate much and get continuously used all day long, every day!
With that in mind, and given the cost of cabinet saws, you want to make a worthwhile investment. The last thing you want is a saw that doesn’t meet your requirements or one that gives up working on the toughest of challenges. With that in mind, here are some of the best cabinet table saw reviews:
Maximized for accuracy and capacity this DEWALT DWE7485 8-1/4” Table Saw includes on-board storage for blade guard assembly, non-through cut riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, blade change wrenches, miter gauge, and push stick. The powerful DEWALT 15-Amp, 5800 RPM motor, allows users to complete a great range of applications. The rack and pinion telescoping fence rails allow for fast, easy, and accurate fence adjustments. It has the capacity to rip 4×8 plywood or OSB sheet goods with its 24-1/2” rip capacity.
It provides easy on-board storage for the store guard, fence, wrenches, and miter gauge. The item dimensions of 22.75 x 22.75 x 13”, and weight of 54lbs, are a compact size for easy transportation and storage.
- Powerful 15-Amp, 5800 RPM motor
- Variety of cuts
- Guaranteed tough metal roll cage ensures job site durability
- Onboard storage
- The rack-and-pinion rail system lock can start digging into the outer rail
- The throat plate lock tends to work its way loose
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4x8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Power: 15 Amp, 5800 rpm motor
- Onboard storage: Onboard storage provides easy access to the site pro guarding components and push stick when not in use
Another accurate saw that’s on offer is the Powermatic PM1000 1791001K. As standard, it comes with a 1.75 horsepower electric motor. One welcome feature of the Powermatic is that it works on standard wall current (115v). That means you won’t have to spend any extra money getting a 220v power supply installed in your workshop!
The construction of the Powermatic feels solid and weighty. It boasts a blade surround and collection hose, offering a clear and unobstructed path, and it maximizes dust collection. The Powermatic also comes with a sturdy miter gauge that pivots to 60-degree angles at either side. What that means is you have a plethora of adjustment options, and ultimately provides you with a full range of cuts.
- Solid construction that offers accurate cuts;
- Operates on a standard 115v wall current.
- 1.75 horsepower motor can feel underpowered at times;
- Lack of easy mobility around the workshop.
- PRECISION-GROUND CAST IRON WORK SURFACE: Features a beveled edge for smoother operation.
- POLY-V BELT DRIVE SYSTEM: Reduces vibration and maximizes efficiency.
- MITER GAUGE PIVOTS 60° LEFT/RIGHT: Allows easy adjustment for a full range of cuts.
- ARBOR LOCK: One-handed blade changes with minimal tools.
- EXCLUSIVE ACCU-FENCE SYSTEM: Provides rigidity and precision.
The Worx WX572L Bladerunner Portable Tabletop Saw is a table saw that you can take anywhere. Most table saws are enormous and can take up an entire dedicated table in your workshop, and you can forget about taking it out of the workshop and to the job site. But the Bladerunner is designed and built to give you the power of a much larger saw in a form-factor that makes it much more flexible. The rack and pinion fence system enables smooth and accurate cuts. And despite its smaller footprint of 15-3/4” x 17”, the Bladerunner easily handles larger shelving and trim materials.
It’s the ultimate DIY machine because you can take it anywhere around the house; so flooring, cabinets, racks, and railing projects are all accomplished much easier. Plus, it’s simple to use. This design allows you to keep both hands free, so you can fully adjust the material as you need to. The quick, tool-free blade change system is compatible with any 4” T-shank jigsaw blade, and the base provides on-board storage for its miter gauge, rip fence, and blades. With a stroke length of ¾” and a no-load speed of 3000/min you’ll have more than enough capacity and power to tackle jobs, both big and small. You’ll be able to stop bringing projects to your table saw and instead bring the Bladerunner to your projects.
- Great at cross & rip cuts
- Truly portable table saw
- Adjustable miter gauge
- Safety switch and safety key
- Poor assembly instructions; just a series of illustrations without any explanation
- If not aligned it’s very tight and doesn’t go through the metal guide
- [GREAT AT CROSS & RIP CUTS] The steel rip fence and riving knife system lets you perform an assortment of straighter, longer, wider cuts
- [TRULY PORTABLE TABLE SAW] Weighing in at less than 15 lbs., you easily can move it around your workshop or even take it to the job site
- [ADJUSTABLE MITER GAUGE] Makes 0-60 miter cuts from both the right and left sides, so you can make every common miter cut, and every angle in-between
- [SAFETY SWITCH] An added safety switch and safety key give this saw an added level of security, so you don’t have to worry about accidental starts
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
You’re probably more familiar with this brand’s former name, Hitachi Power Tools. Now renamed Metabo HPT, the C10RJS 10″ Jobsite Table Saw features a 15-Amp motor with 4,500 RPMs for tackling the toughest cutting applications and is engineered for rip-sawing and cross-cutting of ordinary wood, hardwood, plywood, and composite wood materials. The fold & roll aluminum stand is designed with sturdy legs for easy setup and breakdown, providing stability while in use. The stand also incorporates wheels to ensure the user can maneuver through tough terrain with ease.The C10RJS features a soft start and an electric brake technology, and a large working table size with a telescoping table extension that can support a max rip capacity of 35″ to the right.
Adjustments are easy to the blade height or angle, as well as simple fence adjustments to adhere to the cutting material. It comes with a 10” 40-tooth carbide-tipped blade, blade guard, push stick, wrenches, kickback, rip fence and miter gauge assemblies, and outfeed support
Compliant with new UL regulations, it’s capable of a 3-1/8″ cut at 90 degrees and 2-1/4″ cut at 45 degrees, this user-friendly table saw is an ideal choice for any workshop or job site.
- Powerful 15-Amp120V motor for 4,500 RPMs
- Soft start and electric brake
- Adjustable clamping force
- Smooth blade adjustments
- Concerns about build and inspection quality, with some customers receiving damaged units
- The riving knife is fixed to the motor housing and there is no way to adjust it for alignment
- INCLUDES: Table saw, 10-Inch 40-Tooth Carbide Tipped Blade, Blade Guard, Push Stick, Wrenches, Kickback, Rip Fence and Miter Gauge Assemblies, Outfeed Support
- MOTOR: Powerful 15 Amp motor with 4,500 RPM for tackling the toughest cutting applications
- CUT CAPACITY: Capable of a 3-1/8 In. cut at 90 degrees and 2-1/4 In. cut at 45 degrees
- BEVEL: 0° to 45°: for cuts ranging from 3-1/8 In. (0°) to 2-1/4 In. (45°)
- TABLE SIZE: 28-3/4 In. x 22 In. working table size: with out feed support of 28-3/4 In. x 2 In. for easy and stable material support
The JET 708675PK XACTA SAW Deluxe 3 HP, 1Ph, 50-Inch Rip Fence is a high-performance cabinet saw with a full range of high-end, innovative features. Featuring a quick-release riving knife and integrated arbor lock for safe, efficient operation, this powerful machine is one of the most accurate, most versatile, and smoothest-running cabinet saws currently on the market. It includes an enclosed cabinet with a built-in sealed storage drawer.
The XACTA features a large, finely ground cast-iron table measuring 29 x 42 inches (with extensions) to provide plenty of work surface for large jobs, including 10 inches of clear table in front of the fully raised blade.
Under the table, you’ll find a heavy-duty, wide-stance cast-iron trunnion mechanism; the heart of the saw’s remarkable performance, stability, and nearly vibration-free operation. Its operating mechanism is conveniently mounted directly to the all-steel cabinet, which makes aligning the miter slot in the cast-iron table with the blade as easy as loosening four hex head cap screws, all of which are accessible from the outside.
It comes equipped with a 3-horsepower motor that’s rigidly mounted directly to the under-table mechanism. Power is delivered to the blade through a pair of precisely machined pulleys and a super-efficient poly V-belt to provide smooth operation, resistance to slipping, and very low heat generation. Additionally, a push-button arbor lock allows for rapid blade changes.
An exclusive 50-inch commercial Fence II with a T-square design that enhances accuracy, performance, and safety. It uses high-end materials that are precisely welded to make a tough, accurate fence system. For instance, the T-square head has simple adjuster screws and an adjustable magnified cursor built right in, and the locking mechanism is made from powdered metal parts for extended durability.
- Powerful 3 HP motor
- Quick-release riving knife for hassle-free riving knife changes
- Poly-v drive belt system delivers efficient, quiet operation
- Shrouded blade and 4″ dust collection port increases dust collection efficiency
- 26″ x 30″ wings and a deeper table gives you even more cast iron to work on
- 12.5″ x 18″ x 4″ built-in, sealed storage drawer
- The tabletop wasn’t perfectly level and the fence squeezed in a little too tight
- Don’t try moving it by yourself; it weighs more than 400 lbs
- QUICK-RELEASE RIVING KNIFE Hassle-free riving knife changes.
- POLY-V DRIVE BELT SYSTEM: Delivers efficient, quiet operation.
- PUSH-BUTTON ARBOR LOCK: For rapid blade change.
- SHROUDED BLADE AND 4" DUST COLLECTION PORT: Increases dust collection efficiency.
- BUILT-IN, SEALED STORAGE DRAWER
What to look for in a new cabinet table saw
Let’s face it: a table saw for cabinet making or other woodworking needs doesn’t come cheap. In fact, it’s likely you will need to spend thousands of dollars buying one. But, what you are paying for is power, speed, and precision. Cabinet saws are built to last and aren’t like cheap saws you can buy from a local hardware store. Cabinet table saws are professional tools designed for skilled woodworkers.
This video gives great advice for those who are buying a table saw:
It doesn’t matter if you’re buying a cabinet saw for the first time or to add to your existing collection. It’s vital you know what to look for before handing over any money. So, how do you choose the best cabinet saw for your needs? Before you review the best cabinet saws on the market, you should first find out more on the key specifications to check on each model:
You want a cabinet table saw because you need to cut through thick pieces of wood on a regular basis. To achieve that goal, you need a model that has a powerful motor. Models that boast one to two horsepower can easily cut through wood up to two inches thick. If you need to cut through thicker wood, you’ll need a saw with a minimum of three horsepower.
Cabinet saw stability
By their nature, cabinet table saws are very, very heavy machines. When you buy one and have it delivered, it’ll turn up on a few pallets. That should give you an idea of the weight and size of these things! Cabinet saws contain several hundreds of pounds of metal, and that’s what helps make them stable. They aren’t easy to move around your workshop, so if you want a portable device then you should reconsider a different type of saw product instead.
Accuracy and precision
Another advantage of cabinet saws is their precision cuts. Because they are big, heavy, and powerful machines, they will make perfect cuts in even the thickest of wood. When selecting a model for your needs, ensure it offers features that reduce vibrations. After all; there’s no point spending four-figure sums on a tool that doesn’t do its job well!
Dust collection and extraction
It goes without saying that saws create a lot of dust whenever they cut through wood. As you might expect with a cabinet saw, they will generate plenty of wood dust when sawing through thick wood. Check that the models you’re interested in have decent dust collection and extraction systems. Bear in mind that not all models offer any kind of dust collection; they are what you would say is an “optional extra.”
Although most cabinet saws come with a blade as standard, the blade offered might not be right for your needs. When reviewing different cabinet saws, check that they support the size of blades you require for your woodworking projects.
You need to remember that table cabinet saws aren’t the safest of saws to use. It’s not because they are inferior products, but rather they don’t offer much protection when in use. That’s why they only get used by professionals. The best cabinet saw you get must have an easily accessible kill switch that you can press if things go wrong. Some models even have a hands-off kill switch.